Saturday, December 12, 2020

Just Off Main Street

One of the features of town geography can be mixed land  uses, or close to mixed land uses. What I mean by this is that just around the corner from Santa's Workshop of the previous post is a small residential area.

We did walk around that corner where, adjacent to a Chinese restaurant, we saw a classic and tastefully decorated residence.

I love the classic elegance of the house above, but we had actually been drawn to the neighbourhood by the house next to it after we passed by earlier.

Sue advised me to take a close-up of the glass globes/balls by the front walk. I appreciate her suggestion because this is the type of photo op that I tend to overlook as I mostly see the bigger picture.


So, not only is main street well lit for the season, but we were also able to appreciate these houses just a short walk around the corner.



11 comments:

Barbara Rogers said...

Ah, these encourage me to go out another night when it's warm and not raining and look at one of our residential streets near downtown Black Mountain. I love the last picture which includes the snow footsteps! Good combination of light and the human touch.

DJan said...

Lovely! Thanks for sharing this and I agree that the globes make a fine addition to this scene. :-)

Tabor said...

I think that people are more in the spirit these days and doing a better job of putting up holiday displays.

Margaret said...

I love those globes! I wouldn't have noticed them either. I should take a dusk walk around my neighborhood to see people's lights. I need some cheer.

Jenn Jilks said...

There seem to be a lot of them up earlier this year!
Lovely shots.

Ed said...

I would have lost the globes for the bigger picture as well. Something about inflatable or giant plastic decorations in a lawn just make me want to sneak over there at night with a knife or a baseball bat, depending on type. I know that is very un-Christmas like to think those things and fortunately the Christian side of me is able to just look the other way and keep on walking. I don't know why those feelings come across me. Perhaps I got lost in a field of inflatable decorations as a child.

Marie Smith said...

Love those glass balls. Unique and pretty.

Joanne Noragon said...

These are nicely done. No inflatables.

Rita said...

I like the first tastefully done decorations, also. Not a fan of the big displays or inflatables but I sure do find those globe lights fascinating. :)

Stubblejumpers Café said...

You've reminded me I should pick Emil up after dark and go for a drive (both of us masked, although I'm hearing stories from people who've caught covid even after carefully following all sanitizing and masking and distancing safety protocols) to see the Christmas lights around Wadena. We won't have as many to admire as you guys do, but there will be some! -Kate

Mage said...

Charming and pretty. Just enough to bring a smile to everyone's face. Thank you.