Thursday, December 12, 2019

That A* Company

We can rag on the company all we want, and some do, but  A* got where it is by providing both competitive pricing and quick, reliable service.

I recently received a shipment via another carrier. It arrived on Sunday, but I didn't know that until Monday. And I only knew on Monday because I thought to check on the progress of the shipment. While I knew that it had been shipped some time ago, I had received no notice that it was out for delivery or that it had been delivered.

Lo and behold, there it was in the mailbox that we seldom check because mail is not delivered to the door in our neighbourhood. (There are mailboxes in various locations, none of which are too very far from one's domicile.) The package could have sat there for days if I hadn't taken the initiative to investigate. It is almost remarkable that this somewhat forgetful fellow would have thought to do that.

The A* company, however, sent three emails to keep us informed: one when it had been shipped, another when it was out for delivery (it was on stop 6 and we were 24), and yet another once it had been delivered. On top of that, the talking machine was also blinking green to inform me that something was up, and it/she told me all about it once I asked. This was all within 48 hours of making the order. (I know some people get same day or one day delivery, but it is two days for us.)

Whatever issues people have with A*, it is successful because it provides good, reliable service.




10 comments:

Marie Smith said...

It looks as if there will come a day when all shopping is on-line.

Christina said...

I very much agree, the service is always good and reliable. Takes the hassle out of online shopping!

David M. Gascoigne, said...

I am not using said company any more, for many reasons, not least of which is poor service on one item only I must confess, but a totally uncooperative response from their customer service department. And it was almost impossible to speak to a real person.

Tabor said...

I am forced to use them because I live too rurally to use local stores for most of my shopping. I do not like supporting a company that puts its employees in physical danger in shipping wearhouses for little pay making them work long hours. I do not like supporting a company that "steals" the popularity of a product by putting it in their list and moving the original manufactturer to the bottom of their page.

Kay said...

I can only agree with you. In fact, my daughter had something stolen and A credited her account. I was surprised.

Joanne Noragon said...

They are completely customer oriented.

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

While I agree with some of the points you and others have made in their comments, if there is another way to purchase an item than I do try to do so; otherwise I also use A. Now that the seasonal holiday delivery rush is on, we have had many issues with A delivery people leaving packages stacked in the wrong places and not in the delivery room.

Jenn Jilks said...

It is so much easier ordering online. I loathe the large businesses, who undercut, not paying their delivery people properly. They have long hours this year.

MARY G said...

I feel guilty shopping on line - should be patronizing local stores. But when they do not have what I want, the A company it is. Have also had success with The B company, although my daughter has not.
Awaiting the arrival of a drone. Any time now.

William Kendall said...

I try not to shop online at all.