Friday, December 20, 2019

Dropping in for a Quick Visit

We hadn't been to visit Shauna at her work in Perth since just before the opening about three months ago. It was rather messy and chaotic at the time as they hurried and scurried to get the place ready for occupancy.

Three months later, it is spic and span, and bright and airy. What a wonderful living environment for those who can afford it, and what a wonderful working environment for the staff.

I didn't take pictures throughout the facility although I may at some point. After we enjoyed our tour of inspection, we sat in the lobby and chatted.

Sue and Sha sat across the table from me. I took two separate photos and merged them together.


I passed the camera over to Sha so she could see how splendidly the autofocus face and eye tracking works, and it does work well. She surprised me by snapping this photo. It is well cropped, but I like the light and shadow.


They have quite an impressive village and railway set up.


I took a couple of quick snaps of some of the closer scenes before retreating back to the table and my hot chocolate.




Tonight, we will gather to celebrate Shauna's 47th birthday. She's had a good year and is doing great at her work. I am so very pleased for her.


8 comments:

Marty said...

The phoo is Rembrandt -like, with the rich red and cast of light.
I also enjoyed the close-ups of the winter scene. They brought it to life.

Barbara Rogers said...

What a fun "adult toy."

MARY G said...

JG has a Perth friend who is fascinated by this place .. maybe a future tenant. And I hear good things about your daughter.
That portrait of you needs a caption saying 'Be careful of my camera!" LMAO.

Tabor said...

Nothing more rewarding than finding that our children have found their place and are getting settled in the real world. You look like a very handsome Irish author in that photo...just saying.

Marie Smith said...

Happy birthday to your beautiful young woman!

Joanne Noragon said...

Congratulations all round to Shauna.
That village display is quite awesome.

Jenn Jilks said...

I can tell you are so proud. Wonderful.
We'll all still have to meet for coffee sometime.

William Kendall said...

That shot of you has a Caravaggio sort of feeling.