Sunday, December 22, 2019

Shauna has a Birthday

I don't understand how this happened, but I have a 47 year-old daughter. How can it be when I am not even that old — at least inside. (However, I confess to feeling even older than my 72 years every time I attempt to move my body.) Shauna has flourished this year in particular. It makes me so happy and even proud to see what she has accomplished. However, I shan't go on about that because it's her story and not mine. (Don't you just love shan't? It is from my grandparents, and don't know if I've heard it for more than 60 years now.)

I made four 8.5x14 posters just to spice up the occasion a little bit. Here are two of them.



We ordered pizza for supper. I think even pizza is a treat for her after a year of watching calories.


The lighting of the candles (on her favourite dessert, apple crisp) followed by the ceremonial processional while singing the birthday song and the blowing out.




Then came the gifts. Isn't the first photo a nice family snapshot?

..

This gift was opened with puzzlement, but the softness of the scarf was appreciated by Jonathan who burrowed right into it.



Meanwhile, Danica made her own impromptu scarf.


10 comments:

Marie Smith said...

The Christmas birthdays can be a challenge for presents I find. However we’ve always managed to keep the preChristmas birthday as great as those other times of the year.

Isn’t it wonderful seeing our children thrive!

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

Happy Birthday wishes to Shauna and it’s obvious that you are a rightfully proud dad. It was great to share along in the celebration and there’s still Christmas to celebrate next week.

David M. Gascoigne, said...

I think that Shauna watched her calories well, because she looks terrific to me. Happy birthday, Shauna!

Barbara Rogers said...

Great to celebrate a birthday this close to Christmas...and it looks like your family enjoyed hamming it up for the camera. I'm sure the love shared with the laughter was warm and enjoyable.

Vicki Lane said...

What a lovely family! And I am another fan of shan't -- though I rarely use it.

Christina said...

Happy Birthday to Shauna. Such happy family photos!
I wonder if my mum was surprised to find she had a 49 year old daughter last May?

Goldendaze-Ginnie said...

Looks like all had fun and wishing you a Happy Birthday Shauna.
AC: My baby turned 60 in July and that doesn't seem possible either !!

Joanne Noragon said...

Happy birthday to Shauna. How she resembles her mother!
You remind me of my fiftieth birthday. My oldest daughter lamented, "Do you realize how old that make me!"

Jenn Jilks said...

Wow. 47! happy birthday. What fun! Another December baby.

I really want to go visit the little village at LL, I guess before Christmas is over!
Such a lovely family!

William Kendall said...

Happy Birthday to you!