Sunday, March 03, 2024

Sue Made Me Sit in the Corner

My talented and formidable spouse keeps supplying me with blog fodder with her many photos, and I could post many more than I do. We were in the library for a different shoot, but she saw the possibility of doing the one that I am about to post, below.

Her prompt was to photograph something in the corner. Apparently, I classify as something, which I suppose is somewhat gratifying, and the library has corners, so there we were.

She set me in a window corner for a few photos: more windows and more shots than you see here. With Sue, there is always more — ALWAYS!


I thought that one ↑ was ok, but she thought she could do better. While I would have said, "Got it," with that shot, she always looks for better. Frankly, she can go more than a little overboard with take after take after take, but she usually doesn't push me too far for too long. Not because I am a grump, you understand. :)

Anyway, she placed me in a booky corner.


While she liked the ↑ photo, she decided that the next one, explored the corner theme better. You may notice that even the table has corners.


Good choice I think, even though I am sure that y'all must prefer to see the glorious AC as large as you possibly can. ;)

26 comments:

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

It seems that Sue’s approach to photo taking is like that of many in that the next shot may be the best yet.

Marie Smith said...

I like the final one best with you totally cornered. Sorry, AC!

Barbara Rogers said...

Perhaps a challenge I probably wouldn't have done as she chose. But hey, Sue has a great big ole loveable (grumpy?) you to put in her corners! That makes the photos.

Marcia said...

Were you actually reading that book or was it a prop?

DrumMajor said...

At least you weren't being annoying husband stuck in a corner to stay out of the way. Now, does the first photo really qualify as "corner" when the windows are so big and open. Nice cooperation. Linda in Kansas

Boud said...

The red hat makes it though, corners or no.

Vicki Lane said...

You are a good sport, AC.

Granny Sue said...

I like the second one best. The first has too much clutter outside the windows, and the last...well, it's good too, but the second seems more defined. You two certainly have fun.

Sandra said...

I think I'm easily pleased as I like them all. Yes, the closeup is fabulous!

Red said...

I like the first photo as there is a certain feeling of peacefulness that you give.

Margaret said...

I love the first photo because of the view. The book ones are cool too though. Are you actually reading that book, John? :)

The Furry Gnome said...

The first one by far! First, your hat isn't covering your face, second it's just a more interesting photo, and third there are lots of corners - your book, the table, some bits of the view out back. And I'm glad you're never grumpy about it all!

roentare said...

You certainly like red.

DB Stewart said...

How wonderful that Sue brings "always more" to your life. Lucky, lucky man.

RedPat said...

I like the 1st & the last ones best. Nice red. ;-)

DJan said...

I really like the first one because of that expansive view.

Luis Serrano said...

Un lugar interesante y lleno de libros conteniendo un buen montón de historias. Imagino que lo disfrutasteis juntos.

Joanne Noragon said...

There may be a book of John before Sue is through.

Cloudia said...

You are very good nature about it!

Kay said...

Me too. I like the last one. And now you've got me thinking I'd like to read the Bourne Evolution too.

Jeanie said...

I do like the glorious AC larger -- although I see the merit in all! It's a fun challenge!

PipeTobacco said...

I like all, but the window shot is, to me, the best. You have a more rakish tilt to your cap, and the window’s view emphasizes “corner” more to me in an austere sort of way.

PipeTobacco

MARY G said...

The one with the table is the best, for my taste, in composition because of all the echoing straight lines. But the first one shows off AC's love of red best, right down to the shoes.

Jenn Jilks said...

She did well! It's not like the old days when you had a roll of film and only 24 chances!

Jenny the Pirate said...

The first one is my favorite! You are positively glowing red in that window corner. But then I am partial to windows (well to be fair, I love books too), and the red just pops so that one's pretty awesome. xoxo

William Kendall said...

Very good of you to do.