Tuesday, March 12, 2024

Another AI Photo Enhancement

Well, I think it is an enhancement; we'll have to see what you think.

I came across this photo of Bob from September 2020. We met safely in the park in that blasted COVIDish year.


I've always liked the photo because Bob is a good subject, and I am pretty sure that I posted it here all those years ago.

At some point, I also did a mono version. I don't know if it was at the same time or some time later.


When I came across the original photo again recently, I decided to experiment with AI. Usually, I have restricted my experiments in AI to adding small elements. This time I was more ambitious and decided to see if I could replace the whole background. I asked Photoshop to make a park with trees. This is what it did.


I'd say that is not a bad result, and it was fun to do.



19 comments:

Marie Smith said...

Great job. The whole AI business scares me though.

DJan said...

It looks like a different photo. I like it!

Barbara Rogers said...

Wowwww!

Sandra said...

This turned out well! I also like the original.

Vicki Lane said...

Excellent use of photoshop.

Margaret said...

AI is starting to terrify me but does have its uses. Did you mean 2000 or 2020?

Granny Sue said...

That does look a lot better. Although I do agree with Margaret. AI is scary. How will we ever know what's real?

DB Stewart said...

Bob is giving Bernie Sanders in mittens vibes, haha.

roentare said...

AI enhancement is a good technology

VENTANA DE FOTO said...

También he experimentado un poco con la I.A, es una nueva técnica, que podemos ahora servirnos de ella.
Muy bien te ha quedado la fotografía.

RedPat said...

It looks great to me. You are such a techie!

Luis Serrano said...

No soy muy partidario de la IA pero, hay que reconocer que funciona bien si se utiliza bien y sin demasiados "cambios"
El resultado es maravilloso ya que permite ver a Bob con menos distracción ya que los elementos que le enmarcan son menos variados y llamativos. Abrazo

Cloudia said...

Thanks for showing us AC

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

While I know that many other bloggers are enjoying the Ai experience, I am not going that route because it just doesn't appeal to me. I prefer to edit a photo by cropping or changing exposure and SOOC is still wonderful when everything is just right.

Red said...

Now did you put Bob's glasses on and angle or is that how he wears them?

Anvilcloud said...

AI, for me, is just interesting, occasional play. It is not what I live for.

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

AI appears to be interesting for many bloggers, but not something for myself. That said, the final photo of Bob is better than the one with the distracting background.

Kay said...

Good gracious! How do you do that! It's totally amazing! I can't get over it.

MARY G said...

That is a fun edit. I may have to copy that.