Thursday, March 07, 2024

Thinking of Our Line Dancing Days

Apparently, the line dance to Beyoncé's Texas Hold'Em is sweeping the nation – the line dancing nation anyway. As I discovered, you can find all sorts of hits on YT. Here is one of the many renditions.


Here is quite an adaptation — a tap dance in the desert.


Those ↑ versions seem to be a little more intricate that what you'd get in a Tuesday night club session that would go a little more like ↓ this, just slightly toned down, I think. It is not necessary to watch it all, as they just keep repeating the steps in all 4 directions, for that is how many line dances tend to work.



There was a time when we would have been right into it. Sue wondered if we could do it again, but I know my dang foot couldn't manage it. When C19 was on, I thought to make a video of us doing the sedate Waltz Across Texas, just for fun, but I couldn't even do that properly.

Once upon a time, we went to a line dance evening for several years. They taught steps there, but we could also learn difficult routines on our own. For example: I give you ↓ Heave Away. Our teacher would have never tried to teach it to the whole gathering, but when we first joined, Sue and I would stay and watch the more expert dancers do their thing at the end of the full sessions. Once we saw them do Heave Away, we went home and learned it on our own. After that, we would dance with the experts in the afterglow.



It was so much fun and good exercise too. I am glad that we did it.

For those who weren't around a few years ago, even though we didn't do Waltz Across Texas, we did do our version of the Monty Python Silly Walk to brighten a forlorn COVID day. It was silly, indeed.







13 comments:

DJan said...

What fun! I enjoyed the silly walk and it sure made me smile. Thanks!

Jeanie said...

Line dancing -- never learned/did it. And oh -- the silly walk! I love the Python sketch butyou hold your own! Maybe even better!

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

We have never line danced, but it does look like great fun and that silly walk was not onky silly but fun to see, AC. Thanks for all the videos.

Liz Hinds said...

Brilliant!

gigi-hawaii said...

Well, I must admit that you have the moves, but Sue is amazing! Good for both of you!

RedPat said...

Such fun!

Margaret said...

I'm on board with anything that's good exercise and fun, but I hate country music so that might be an issue with line dancing. LOL

roentare said...

The line dancing looks so good!

DB Stewart said...

I love it all! Especially the silly walk!

Patio Postcards said...

I miss your silly walks from Covid Days ... see not all was so bad during those times. I've never tried line dancing, but it does look like great exercise & fun.

The Furry Gnome said...

I don't believe you actually did that!

Jenny the Pirate said...

OK so, that first video was lewd so no thanks. But you and Sue doing the silly walk was awesome. Mostly because I cannot imagine having the nerve to do that out in our street, hahahaha! I guess I'm just not that loose. Plus I would be no good at it. But let me add in closing that I LOVE Waltz Across Texas. Lovely song. xoxo

Kay said...

All these videos made me smile. I used to go to line dancing class a long time ago and enjoyed it a lot. The video of you and Sue really had me giggling though. What fun you guys are!