Friday, March 15, 2024

My March Break Madness Photos

The photos that I posted yesterday belonged to others. I have had trouble with my photos, both on the camera end and the computer end. I had a memory card get corrupted, and then my card reader also gave up the ghost before I managed to finally get some images uploaded.

While I have usually photographed around the sugar camp grounds, people were my focus this time around, for a family gathering like this is most unusual, and who knows if it will ever be repeated.

I know that we might seem like a large family on this occasion, but this was close to the whole shebang. They are on Sue's side; with my side consisting only of 4 people, and those 4 are all shared with Sue. I have no one else to speak of.

We were first to arrive, and I took a photo of Sue and the kids in front of the maple syrup museum, the one that contains artefacts from the industry. There is another museum on the property that contains larger implements, specifically chainsaws and an old tractor or three.

Inside the restaurant, we must have driven the server crazy because we changed places as orders were being taken. At one point, I found myself opposite Sue's nephew and his oldest boy, who stared at me and didn't quite know what to make of that strange man.

His brother was sitting kitty corner to me. He was puzzled as well, but not quite as much. Aren't they both about the cutest kids that you ever did see?


After breakfast, Sue and I sat in the sunshine while the younger folk toured the property: a gorgeous lady on a gorgeous March day.

I got up from that spot took one photo of the old shed. For once, I was noticing just how tall the trees are, and I captured one looming over the shed. The foreground boulders are typical of the erratics (rocks) that were dumped by the receding glaciers. They can be much bigger than these.


Back to people: I took two photos of Sue and her sister. The wreath in the second photo is a gift from Heather for Sue's impending birthday. Heather made it herself, and it will soon decorate our front door.



You may recall this photo that I posted yesterday. It is of Danica on Heather's lap in 2007.


This is how they look in possibly the same chair in 2024.


This next and final photo of Sue with her nephew and wife wasn't mine, but I thought it deserved to be shown in nice b&w treatment.

Come October, Sue and I will likely make another trip to the sugarbush on a bit of a autumn colours ramble into the Lanark Highlands, but it will likely just be the two of us. It will be nice too, but we will remember this wonderful gathering on this beautiful March day.

19 comments:

Barbara Rogers said...

What great photos of folks you're related to. I agree with little nephew guy, just staring at all these strangers that somehow are related to him, who he doesn't remember ever seeing before (and may not have.) The two of Danica and Heather are precious. So glad someone (you probably) remembered to re-stage their lap pose.

DJan said...

Fine family pictures. I love that wreath, too!

Jeanie said...

The maple place looks like such a great spot for a meetup like this. Things to do, see, and eat and lots of time to be together. The Heather/Danica pix made me smile big!

gigi-hawaii said...

What an absolutely gorgeous wreath!!! I just love it! Great gift! And the look on those 2 babies is priceless as they peer at you.

Sandra said...

First I have to say, I love Sue's outfit!! You have a beautiful family and how fantastic that this gathering happened. The wreath is gorgeous. I also have little family. I have on son. That's all there is. I enjoy photos of others families.

Marcia said...

I think the two little boys look like their dad. Nice to see more of this fine gathering.

Margaret said...

Love these photos and the happiness in all your faces. What a lovely family!

RedPat said...

What a fine gathering you had and with all the pics it won't be forgotten.

Jenn Jilks said...

What a lovely family!
Our are in Montreal!

roentare said...

Family photos are usually the most treasured memories in years to come

Luis Serrano said...

Un reportaje muy entrañable y familiar que quedará en tu recuerdo por mucho tiempo y que alimentará tu concepto de familia. Precioso y enhorabuena por esa gran familia. Los niños son realmente muy muy guapos. Abrazo

Joanne Noragon said...

How tall your own grandchildren have become!

Red said...

You did have a wonderful gathering. Cool that you included information about some family members. It looks like it was some time ago that some of these people saw each other.

Granny Sue said...

Nice outing, and good photos to preserve the memories.

Kay said...

I'm loving your family photos as well. I can't believe how grown up your grandkids are now. Time has just flown.

Vicki Lane said...

What a fine gathering! and such a beautiful wreath!

The Furry Gnome said...

Sounds like a great family gathering! I miss the sugar bush at this time of year.

Debby said...

What a nice family time. You can tell those two boys are brothers, can't you. As like as two peas in a pod. Isn't there a grandson missing from the group?

Debby said...

Never mind. I found him in the next post!