Monday, March 04, 2024

Foggy Sunday Morn

I pretty well knew that it would be foggy when I awoke on Sunday because it had been thick when I went to bed. It was 5:30 when I peered out the window, and I thought I should head out with the camera. A proper photographer would have done that — seized the fog, as it were. Evidently, however, I am not a proper photographer. 

I remained irresolute for the next hour, but decided to get out there at 6:30. I began to get ready but caved again. It was still cool, and I also needed a shower before I hit the grocery store.

I've recently got into the habit of shopping early on Sunday morning. I didn't mean for it to happen, and I don't prefer it, but since I, somehow, got on that track, we seem to to run out of supplies by Sunday morning.

When I finally left home at about 8:30, I did grab my compact camera, and I stopped for a few snaps on my way both to and from the grocery store.

The first two photos were on the way there and the last one on the way home. I only went very slightly out my my way in both cases. I also converted completely to mono: might as well because it was close enough to  b&w anyway.





24 comments:

Judy from Maine said...

Very painterly, calming and beautiful.

Patio Postcards said...

Interesting photos of the landscape in fog. Also interesting how one small change to our routine to chain react to many more things changing in our day.

Marie Smith said...

Love those foggy shots. We had dense fog overnight which is rare for us. I was not out.

Jeanie said...

Foggy subject are always interesting! Hope the rest of the weekend was good!

Ed said...

I tend to go to the grocery store bright and early Monday morning. More often than not, I can count the other shoppers in the entire store with me on less than three fingers. I never have to wait at the meat counter or to check out.

Barbara Rogers said...

Our fog the other morning completely concealed the mountain ridge outside my windows. I saw just trees. It made me say "There are no mountains." An echo from the movie "The Matrix" where Keanau Reeves says, "There is no spoon" when he bends it with his mind. I didn't see when the mountains reappeared an hour later. My spoons are all still straight too.

gigi-hawaii said...

Not bad. Fog chills me to the bone.

Jim and Barb's Adventures said...

Stunning photographs! Being in the grocery industry all of my career, I can tell you that Sunday mornings are the best time to shop. That is until the church rush comes in, then it tends to get a little busier.

Sandra said...

You definitely are a photographer. Those photos are very good. Ethereal.

Margaret said...

Ghostly and mysterious. Fog fires up the imagination.

Red said...

Well, it's a good thing you waited to go out. You got some good shots. As some other commenters say you can feel the cold.

RedPat said...

Fog shots are always so mysterious.

NGS said...

So beautiful - that last one is very haunting.

roentare said...

The last shot is the best. Love that minimalism.

Luis Serrano said...

Tres formatos, tres aciertos. Bien aprovechado ese magnífico recurso que es la niebla para los fotógrafos. La panorámica me gusta muchísimo.

Vicki Lane said...

I like the trees!

Joanne Noragon said...

Nice foggy shots. Nice, foggy shots. Nice, foggy, shots.

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

I can understand about being slow to get out and moving, but you did manage to get out and got your shots.

Debby said...

I do love that last photo, the panoramic shot. Very cool.

Granny Sue said...

There is a sense of timelessness to these, AC.

MARY G said...

Oh yes. Captured.

Jenn Jilks said...

These are wonderful!

Jenny the Pirate said...

They all speak, but in the last one, the trees appear to be speaking to one another! xoxo

Kay said...

Wow! These are really cool, mysterious photos.