I first posted about it as well as many other things that caused me to whinge, way back on November 26. The nitty gritty is that I was given the flash for my birthday, early in September, but that I hadn't tried to use it until the onset of winter. When I tried in late November, I discovered that none of the four adapters that I was sent, fit my lens. You may also recall that the Yongnuo site was a dud, at least the Canadian version.
But I found that I could order one all of the way from China on ebay, so that's what I did. A month later, as I posted, it came in the post, but it was also the wrong size.
However, as I also posted at that time, I would try to order one more time. I think I ordered from a different supplier, but I am not sure.
A package came last week. By its size, I knew what it had to be.
I opened it in fear and trepidation. but behold! it was exactly what I needed.
Hopefully, this sequence will show you what I mean and how it works. And it does work.
Some of the recently posted tulip photos were taken with the flash, but I was holding it manually, which was rather cumbersome. This is the first photo with the flash properly mounted on the camera. (Not that it is not improper to also remove and hold the flash if it will help the lighting effect.)
It took me awhile to get the power right on the flash as the subject was backlit. I wanted it backlit for effect, but that left the flower in some shadow, and it took a few experiences to fill with enough light.
As it happens, the adapter came very cheaply in the end. It wasn't expensive to begin, only $6.89, but the company only debited me 68¢ with Paypal also dinging me $1.50 for their service. I think I deserved that little break though.