Saturday, October 26, 2024

Replying and Compositing

Just so you know, because I have an ornery template, if you want to see my replies to your previous comments, you will encounter a hurdle. All you will see is my replies, but you won't see to whom. So, believe it or not, another step is required. Go to the bottom of the comments, and  click the Post a Comment link. There you can find what reply I made to whom. I know, I know, but that's how it goes with me and my silly life.

I will say that I am now being pretty faithful about replying, but I am still not perfect. I am also doing better at checking your replies to me on your blogs. I am getting to know who replies. like Boud and Barb, for example, and trying to remember to have a look. Sometimes, heaven help us all, I even reply to the reply, but I probably wouldn't think to go back to that one because the chain could go on forever, and my memory doesn't do that.

=======================

I didn't have anything else to post today, but I was looking at pictures that Sue wanted from me for her daily prompt.

Once I sent the three of them, I decided to do this.


In the olden days, like about two years ago (which is old in computer time), I used to do composites quite often. The trouble was that it was a manual, time-consuming process for me. Mind you, it did give me some satisfaction, so it was worth it back then. When Sue was able to make fancier composites in a flash, I stopped, but I decided to play around again this morning and made the above image.

Then I asked Sue to do one with her phone app. She can whip them up pretty quickly, and I chose to show you this composite of the four or five that she made. In theory, I could also do shapes like that, but it would become an even more intensive labour project than it already is.


When I was doing composites before Sue's app came into being, I would often make them for photo albums: Jonathan and Danica, both at three weeks.



Here are two from Shauna's wedding.




Despite the effort, tt actually felt good to make that new one today, and I enjoyed looking back at the old albums too.

11 comments:

  1. I have never tried a composite. These are really nice.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's easy with the right app, but it takes some effort do do manually.

      Delete
  2. Beautiful photos. Beautiful people. Adorable babies.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely composited. I'd just come from Liz hinds in her garden and thought at first you were composting.
    When you respond in here you could just start with the person's name. Easy.
    I really appreciate your coming back to see responses chez moi, thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Isn't it fun to explore new things? Not terribly involved with say, more than 5 steps. I know my limitations. Yep 5 steps. These are sweet, especially you all at Shauna's wedding.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was good to see them again. There are albums like this. Glad I did it back then.

      Delete
  5. I love composites because it's easy to compare with them. The fall colors one with Sue is lovely!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sue does them often with her photo group. When I need one now, I usually ask Sue to put them in her magic app. 😊

      Delete
  6. You are way beyond me in photo skills.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I only know the basics of Photoshop, but I can do compositing at least.

      Delete