Friday, October 11, 2024

Nighttime Treat

At 7:25 we received this message from granddaughter, Danica.

Get outside now
Northern lights

So we poked our heads out the front door. Sue had her phone at the ready and began to click.


Of course, you all know by now that the camera sees the colour better than the eyes, but it was quite an unexpected treat, regardless.

As you can see, we weren't in the very best spot for photos, but a passing neighbour told us that the views were good at the neighbouring park. It was darn cold, close to freezing, so we took a few minutes to bundle up, and we drove over.

I got out my beastie camera too, but Alas!, the show was over.


9 comments:

Boud said...

So jealous! I checked here but couldn't see anything! I heard later they showed up around midnight, a bit late for me.

Ed said...

I'm beginning to think we were the only people on North America to miss the show last night.

Sandra said...

Wow! Thank you, Danica.

Sandra said...

You aren't the only, Ed. There is me, too.

Debby said...

We're going out tonight to try to catch sight of them in the country, away from the lights. And no, Ed. You are not the only one.

Liz Hinds said...

And I'm the only person in Wales not to see them.

Kay said...

Kay of Musings: OH WOW! You got to see it! Thank you for sharing these photos. I told my daughter and son-in-law two days ago to look out for it but my son-in-law said they tried but there was too much light pollution in Chicago.

Spare Parts and Pics said...

Beautiful, and what a lucky break to see it! Hard to believe, but the aurora was even visible down here in the S CA desert. Unfortunately, I wasn't there to see it, but I saw a lot of friends posting on Facebook.

Marie Smith said...

We had the same show. Gorgeous!