Tuesday, October 08, 2024

Newsy Bits

We were in Riverside Park on the weekend. There were just touches of autumn here and there, including this photo looking across the river.


=========================================

I visited the doctor yesterday. It seems that I have a UTI, I assume from the self-catheterization that I do daily, despite going to great lengths to do it as cleanly as possible. It may not be a bad infection, but I have some meds, and they sent a sample for further testing.

It has left me very tired and even a little bit down. When I have met with friends recently, I could hardly be bothered to converse with them. I do feel better getting the partial diagnosis; somehow, it helps to identify and name things, and my doctor was very supportive. She did not want me to get into the same predicament as last year when it took multiple rounds of medication to finally clear that infection.

She did say that such infections are just about an unavoidable a concomitant of catheterization. Hopefully, my need to do this will be rectified in the near future, but the procedure does help my daily life in the meantime.

=========================================

When we moved here 19 years ago, the garage door was dented, but it was such an expensive move (across province)  that we ran out of funds. All of these years later, the door was close to falling apart, so we bit the bullet and had a new one installed. The old one had gaps; this will be better sealed and should be service us well for a long time.


The white door is the new door.






12 comments:

DJan said...

I hope your doctor will keep you from going through all that trauma again. And I've got my fingers crossed that this antibiotic does the trick.

Marie Smith said...

AC, I hope you finally get relief in the near future! You have suffered long enough, my friend!

Barbara Rogers said...

Oh how nice to have a new garage door. And antibiotics to help your plumbing is a good idea. Too bad all that clean catherization leads to infections, no matter how much you try. Hang in there my friend!

MARY G said...

My husband has been fighting a UTI for several months now, off and on. He has just had the meds changed yet again and we are hoping that this does the job. I hear you on the catheter. If you are a woman, the chances of infection are even higher.
I love that photo with the red leaf cluster. Great shot.
And at least you are chatting with us. Hope you soon feel better!!!

Debby said...

Oh no. Not again. I can understand the feelings of hopelessness, but what can one do but press on. Your doctor seems to be on the ball, and that is one thing going for you! Good luck.

Boud said...

So sorry. This just seems to go on and on. But catching it early is very good.

tz_garden said...

Ugh, so sorry - I hope it clears up. UTI does make you feel run down, it's no fun.

Sandra said...

Yes, catching it early helps a lot. The garage door looks really good!

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

You have had quite the time with medical issues and hope the meds will prevent further issues. The new door looks nice. We're still traveling, but in the evenings, I have been reading some blogs but not enough time to comment on all. I have enjoyed your recent fall foliage photos, AC, and hope there will be color left in the local park when we return home in a couple of days and hopefully to sunshine as Tuscany has been rainy, but we go on adventures regardless.

jabblog said...

Catheters solve some problems and cause others. Sympathy to you from my husband. I hope your problems are soon resolved.
Your new garage looks very smart.
We waited for years and years to replace our rickety old garage door and are really pleased with the new one.

Granny Sue said...

Oh no, AC. I would feel down too. But let's hope this will clear up quickly. Don't let it get you down! Easier said than done, I know.
The new door looks great!

DB Stewart said...

Songs help me. Right now, I'm listening to "The Sun is Shining Somewhere" by Moncrieff. Sometimes, a playlist is everything.