Saturday, June 15, 2024

Caturday 64: Henry on a Walk

I believe that I have seen Henry "owning it" on his leash twice before: once at the trail in winter, and once when on the street when passing by in the car. This time, I was walking the trail with Sue, who is bold and friendly with strangers. This is one of her few faults. :)

When she first approached Mark to discuss the cat on a leash, Henry had just made a dash for a squirrel. Of course, the squirrel was safe.

More tightly leashed, we Sue and Mark had a little conflab while Henry scanned the scene for more critters to chase.

Mark revealed that once Henry had experienced the great outdoors like this, he was always eager to be leashed and out again.


And so they go on their little walks together. I personally think Henry is the cat's ass*.

Sue told Mark about her POTD with her FB group, but it's a private group. She also posts to the group on Instagram and revealed her handle to Mark. I don't know if he would remember how to find her, but just in case you wanna, here is the link.

* The Cat's ass is "An exclamation of sublime excellence. Of Canadian origin, thought to be a crude derivative of the more common and acceptable expression, tits. This is cats ass, ..." https://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=cats+ass

Although this quote says that it is a Canadian expression, I have very seldom heard anyone use it. I have also never heard of anyone saying "the cat's tits," or even "This is the tits." Neither do I understand how saying "ass" would be cruder than saying "tits."

26 comments:

Boud said...

Now there's a new term! I don't do anything Z related, so I'll take your word on Sue's work, which I think will be spectacular.

Barbara Rogers said...

Great to meet Henry on a leash. I never could get any of mine to stay in harness, nor acknowledge they were leashed! No sir-ee, let alone cat's ass or tits ! What a strange never heard expression (s)!

Marcia said...

That's one well trained cat. Years ago we tried that with a cat my mom had and the cat just would lay down.

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

What a strange expression, but then so many countries have unique ones and some of my favorites are from the UK as a friend is always writing that she had been gobsmacked.

Ed said...

I have used the saying “cat’s pajamas” for the same thing. It doesn’t make anymore sense than ass or tits but does share the “cats” part.

Jenny the Pirate said...

Well I would say the cat's pajamas or the bee's knees, but then I despise vulgarity ... there I said it. On another and much more positive note ... I LOVE THIS!!!! I had thought before of procuring a harness and leash for my Sweetness because I think she would love this, and then I got distracted and forgot all about it! I am going to do this!!!! Henry and his owner have inspired what I hope will be great adventure for Sweetness and me, since Rizzo, my dog, refuses to walk. xoxo

Sandra said...

A well behaved kitty! I also know the phrase "cat's pajamas" but not this one. You inspired me to do a Caturday.

Liz Hinds said...

Amazing! I've never seen a kitty on a leash before. A ferret yes.
Never heard either of those phrases.

Debby said...

'That's the cat's ass!' is not unheard of here. It is just that lately there has been enough 'excellent' to warrant the exclamation.

RedPat said...

There used to be someone in our neighbourhood who walked their rabbit on a leash and the rabbit seemed to quite like it. Of course all the dogs in the 'hood had to check it out.

The Furry Gnome said...

Keeping your cat on a leash is excellent in my books too.

Vicki Lane said...

I've never tried to leash a cat. I doubt my current pai would accept it.

Margaret said...

I've never heard that expression. I'm like Sue and would interact with anyone I met, especially someone with a cat on a leash. Mari used to go on a leash in her younger days but I doubt she would tolerate it now.

Granny Sue said...

I have seen a couple of cats on leashes, both well- behaved. I don't think mine would think much of it, but he has the run of acres and acres at his disposal.

Marie Smith said...

What an unusual sight, a cat on a leash. I’ve heard the “cat’s ass” before but never tits.

roentare said...

I have yet seen a cat on leash before. That would be a good idea around my place. There are literally pissing in my garden all year round

Celia said...

Amazing, all the cats I ever had would lie down if you tried to leash them or put a sweater(from my knitting era) on them. :-)

Cloudia said...

Something tells me that pixie is too refined to walk outside. When we had to be in Northern California for a few years she would come out on the deck but was positively freaked out by walking on grass which she unfortunately had to do to walk the rail at the edge of the water and peruse the waterfowl. There. Seems like another lifetime. She never talks about it anymore. Thanks for this fun post!

Joanne Noragon said...

Good for Henry. I've never been able to get any cat into harness.

DrumMajor said...

This is funny comparing the walking kitties. Wonder if she'd attack or defend you from any forest creatures! Linda in Kansas

Rosalea said...

Curious as to why talking to strangers is a 'fault'?? Hope you were joking...? A stranger is "just a friend we haven't met yet"!
One of my cats, long ago, was a contortionist, and could get out of any harness I tried. The other was content to mosey around outside with her leash on.

Anvilcloud said...

Rosealea: Tongue-in-cheek. There was a smilie. :)

Rosalea said...

It did seem out of character for you guys! The smile did not appear on my version of your post. Happy Trails.

Jenn Jilks said...

I tried so hard to put black cats on a leash. It just didn't work. sigh.

Kay said...

Wow! I can honestly say I've never heard of that term, or the others either.

I have heard of "the cat's meow."

I think it's rather cool that he has the cat on a leash.

MARY G said...

??? the only expressions with 'cat' that I know are 'the cat's meow' and 'cat got your tongue?'. I think my daughter needs to see this. She has a young male with a lot of excess energy and I will not allow it out in bird nesting season.