Wednesday, April 23, 2008

A Good Day

As we begin day2 of our babysitting adventure, we have turned on the electronic babysitter for a while to free up some computing time. So, as day2 unfolds, here are some photos from day1.

Nikki Dee's first order of business was to try to unplug my computer.


So, I decided to distract her by reading her a book. It worked too ... for a while at least.



Next on the list was a short walk on a fine, sunny morning. Much to her delight, I pushed her around several blocks for ten or fifteen minutes. Too bad the weather isn't as enticing today.


In the afternoon, after a nap and lunch,we walked her further to the park.


Then we freed her from her stroller and let her stretch her own legs for quite some time. She doesn't walk on her own yet. Her strength is good, but her balance isn't quite there yet.






The river is flooding over some of the park. We normally continue to walk along this path but were prevented yesterday. I had hoped that she would like the geese, but they were a little too far away to attract her attention.


All in all, it was a good day.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

It looks lovely in here!
*Looks around*
I loved the pictures!
I think you are quite a master at this babysitting! :o)

Janet said...

What a lovely sunshiny place you have created! I felt like I had stepped outside. I love it when they're just learning to walk - it's hard on your back, but they can't escape yet!

JunieRose2005 said...

It looks like you are having a good time with your babysitting duties!

Nikki Dee seems to have things well under control there! :)


Junie

Amanda said...

Hope you don't mind me stopping by at your blog, the photos are cute and you are doing a great job as babysitter! Bet your tired at the end of the day!

Donna said...

LOL...I started to click out...then Stopped..."Am I in the right place"???LOL...been a long day...I'm NOT losing my mind!!...It's Lovely in here!!! Especially with all that sugar!!lol...Make Wonderful memories, my friend, because they grow up toooo darn fast.hughugs

Anonymous said...

St Paul from Yarmouth,Nova Scotia says sorry about your luck/.

Ruth said...

She's not walking yet...just wait another few weeks and you will all be running. I like your spring template. You must believe winter is gone for good.

Norma said...

Yes, yes, a beautiful baby--but more importantly--your snow has finally melted!

megz_mum said...

I can understand why you are tired at the end of the day! I am sure you are very well appreciated by your daughter, it is not easy leaving you baby to return to work.