Friday, February 06, 2009

Day Three

Day Three

Zach came home today; Cuppa and I got there a few hours later to try to help out. Cuppa helped by being Cuppa, and I helped by going shopping and cooking dinner.

Both Zach and Nikki Dee are hanging in there. We brought ND home tonight to help the rents get settled in with Zach. After being up once last night and eschewing an afternoon nap, she dropped off like a stone tonight. Hopefully, they'll have a good night at the other house too. We'll take Nikki Dee to Music Together in the morning, and we'll see what we're able to do with her after that.

Zach is beginning to lose those bothersome birthing marks. At this point in his young life, he's fairer than any of us. There even seems to be a slight reddish tint to his hair.

I'll be back with another update tomorrow.

Day Three

9 comments:

Judy said...

That is one handsome boy!

(And I'm sure that by now ND knows ALL the words to ALL the verses of "English Country Garden". It's definately an 'ear worm' sort of song.)

KGMom said...

Yay to reddish tint. Lovely baby.
I am jealous.
But so happy for you & Cuppa.

Kila said...

Awww, CONGRATULATIONS to you all! He's a keeper! (Boys are fun, you were due for a boy!)

Jinksy said...

This so reminds me of my daughter! I threatened to send baby back if it had red hair, and was greeted with long, black whisps... fine... until about three days later, when it turned to the color of a copper coin!By about age three it settled down to more a burnished mouse. Her eventual daughters carried on the red theme, but now at 8 and 5 they're more like strawberry blonde...All adorable, whatever the colour.

Woman in a Window said...

Funny how they all look familiar, isn't it. Sweetie.

ChrisB said...

Zach's hair does look to have reddish tints.

Mary said...

AC,

He is so precious. I absolutely LOVE his reddish hair. A very handsome boy.

I'm glad you took ND in order for the parents to settle in a bit. I'm sure she's having a great time with her grandparents.

Blessings,
Mary

Donna said...

He's so sweet!!!! I think he Already knows you!!!lolol...Hang in there Grampa!!!hughugs
PS- I'm loving the red hair...that means he'll grow up to be brave and loving...

Anonymous said...

I understand how exhausting the first week or so is. Hang in there.

I thought my new grandson might have slightly red hair as well... but it is slowly turning out to be more of a light brown. They change so much the first couple of months.