Wednesday, February 04, 2009

And Now We Wait

I was up anyway. Just before midnight, I remembered that the next episode of The Choir (last mentioned here) was due to play in a few minutes. So, I switched from my book to my tv to follow Gareth and his Norwich school choir to China. They did well, pulled it together, delivered their best rendition yet, but did not make it through to the next round. But not many choirs did, and the both the kids and Gareth were quite pleased with themselves if not with the results.

That was good, and I thought I was done, but lo and behold, he's starting some sort of boys choir next week, and that will run for four weeks. I wonder if that will be all. Whatever: I guess I have some more late nights in store.

After the program ended, I switched back to my book. After another half hour or so, I decided to get ready for bed. Then I got the call ...

... now I'm at Thesha's. It's 2:35 AM; Nikki Dee is asleep; and everyone else has gone for a drive to the hospital in the next town — only about ten minutes away.

Perhaps Nikki Dee will have a brother when she awakens. But for now, we wait.

7 comments:

Jinksy said...

How exciting - and best wishes to all during the suspense of not knowing...

Mara said...

The tension, the tension! You'll be a granddad squared now. Congratualations for the whole family!

Ruth said...

Keep us posted! (I am sure you will)
What an exciting time for your family.

KGMom said...

I wondered when that next baby was making an appearance. Can't wait to see some first photos.
I am sure you too can't wait.

Heather Plett said...

Oooo... how exciting!

Anonymous said...

Oh this is so exciting. Sending good thoughts and warm wishes your way.

Woman in a Window said...

Oops, I guess you didn't get that sleep, after all.