Friday, April 08, 2005

Q&A 3

What's your favourite drink? Diet Coke® — hands down. I have three or four or even five on most days. I know that I shouldn't, but, as I said in a recent post, as far as addictions go, this one is not particularly heinous. At one time, Coke was just a treat, but when Diet Coke came on the market, lo these many years, and I didn't have to worry about calories, I began to consume it more and more. Now, I overdo it.


What's your favourite alcoholic drink?  I don't consume a lot of alcohol. I have wine most frequently but could easily live without it. Beer, I have on occasion, and on those occasions I enjoy it. I like a Caesar every now and then, and I enjoy the odd vodka cooler in summer. I guess if I have to choose I'll go with Caesars, but alcohol is not a big deal to me. Since I don't consume much, I become easily affected, however, to the point where I have been called a cheap drunk — even though I have never been drunk. I somtimes wonder if I shouldn't make it a point to do that sometime before I turn sixty.


How many siblings do you have, and what are they like? None. Zilch. Zippo. Nada. I am an unspoiled only child. If you knew my parents, you'd understand how I could be unspoiled. For one thing, they were too poor to spoil any child. For another, they just wouldn't. I'm not sure if you can ever truly miss something that you never have, but I did want two children, so I must have sensed that something was lacking in my early years.


 

2 comments:

Christi said...

Nifty. Wow! I used to drink Diet Cokes a lot, but I have to limit it to no more than one a day, or less sometimes. For some reason, after I drink too many, they start to taste bad and make me sick to my stomach. I'm glad it doesn't do that to you. If it did, I'm quite sure you wouldn't be drinking them as you do! I think my favorite drink is sweet tea. Do you guys even drink that up there? I remember when I used to be a server, northerners would come in and ask for iced tea, and it never even occurred to me that they didn't mean sweetened. I would bring them sweet tea, and they would freak out! It's my understanding that up north a lot more people drink hot tea, right? I love that kind of stuff, cultural differences and dialects and stuf, all due to where you live. Isn't it great!

What's a Caesar? My favorite alcoholic drink is a margarita, and beer is Guinness, although I rarely drink. I will overdue it w/margaritas, though!

Just to finish what I started...I have two bros. and one sis. The older bro. and sis. are half, and I have one full little brother. My older bro. and I are getting pretty close (Gina is his wife...she reads my blog pretty regularly), my sis. and I are also working on it. My little bro. and I used to be really close growing up, but now all he cares about is himself and partying. Kinda sad. I really miss him.

I hope you don't mind my answering your questions!

karla said...

I'm going to jump on the bandwagon here and answer these questions too!

What is your favorite alcoholic/non alcoholic drink?
Alcoholic drink would certainly have to be red wine. Rosemount Estates Shiraz Cabernet, Fat Bastard Merlot (that REALLY is the name of this wine from France), or Lilly Pilly. Of course, a nice cold pint of beer is always nice too! :)

Seeing that I am pregnant, wine has had to take a seat on the back burner, so calcium fortified OJ would have to be my favorite drink these days. Can't do the diet pop thing. Has to be full strength sugar for this gal.

How many siblings do you have and what are they like?
I have one sibling. My brother is three years younger than me. He's a great guy. He looks about 5 years older than me, and is built like a football player. (I'm the runt of the family). Recently, after being laid off from his job, he spent a great deal of his time off between job hunting organizing a Tsunami relief concert. It was quite impressive. He had local media such as the paper, Barrie television and radio stations promoting the event. I was so proud of him.