Wednesday, July 11, 2018

More Celtfest Photos

I have some more random shots of various performers. The groups come and go all day, and I can barely keep track of them all and their names.

I don't think I've ever seen a bass fiddle (if that's the right word) at Celtfest, yet there was one in two consecutive groups. The first fellow was part of a bluegrass band. My opinion is that the bluegrass style doesn't mesh well with a Celtic venue. It's different and more laid back.





This young lady was a triple threat as a vocalist, fiddler and step dancer. We were sitting quite far from the stage, and I would just wander down for a few minutes to take a few photos, but she grabbed my attention, and I stayed close for quite awhile. One song that intrigued was in Gaelic. It was beautiful.






The next (and final couple) were part of one of the earlier acts. They are local and did a great job.





6 comments:

Marie Smith said...

Great photos AC. They have a portrait quality!

Mage said...

That looks like a delightful place to be. Good shots too.

Silver in AZ said...

yes, great photos! And yes, bluegrass is an odd mix with Celtic.

Mara said...

I know you took some photos officially for an other event (hockey I believe it was), but do you ever share those fantastic photos with the organisers of Celtfest?

Jenn Jilks said...

Looks like fun!

troutbirder said...

All the smiles while having fun. Great!