Saturday, June 30, 2018

Two Evenings: Three Photos

I missed some wonderful sunsets this week. I got stuck at home and it was too late to get out there once I realized what was happening.

So, I am trying to predict a little better. If there are some clouds, there might be some colour to shoot.

In the event, I went out on Thursday evening, pretty much after the sun had set, but there was still some colour, In fact, I think the photos turned out quite well. This was the first. I really like the orange hilights under that heavy dark blue sky.




I moved back a little and took this one about 5 to 10 minutes later.



I headed out on Friday evening but had less luck. This was about as good as it got. Not terrible, but not like the previous evening either. A tighter shot without the dock would likely have been better, but I had my wide angle lens and had chosen this spot.


6 comments:

Joanne Noragon said...

You're right on about the potential. Sunsets are a bit easier to find than sunrise. That blasted ball begins affecting the sky an entire hour before it's "up!".

Marie Smith said...

More beautiful photos AC. Love these too!

Coloring Outside the Lines said...

Beautiful sunsets! I am surrounded by pine trees on all sides so I have to get in the car to go find a treeless hill or water. Nice shots!

Silver in AZ said...

Sunsets were my forte, back in the day. Wispy clouds are the best...allows for plenty of colors. 20-30 minutes after the official setting is the best color opportunities. Too much thick clouds, or cloudless, not much of a colorful sunset at all. Nice shots!

Peace Thyme said...

Your pictures are beautiful. Just found your blog via Silver Willow. Love sunset. Especially in the Colorado mountains!

MARY G said...

I like the second one - more depth. your hard work chasing