Wednesday, December 15, 2004

Morning Light


I suppose that I will slow down the picture-posting at some point but not yet. A touch of mist hung in the air this morning, rendering the early light quite fetching. With the temperatures well below freezing, I limited myself to poking my head out of the back door for a short moment and quickly snapped these two photos: both from off the back stoop within about a yard from the door. The first (above) was to the right, and the one below was to the left.


In other news, I eventually got the fire going well yesterday. The odour of burning wood was quite intoxicating. However, by five o'clock this morning the fire had diminished to the point where the temperature had settled to a rather nippy 57°F (14°C). I couldn't face a trip down the steep steps to the dank cellar at that hour, so I put the oil furnace on, and we are once again warm and content.


In yet more news, for the whole year, I have eagerly anticipated this opportunity to snowshoe at Riverwood for a few weeks in the winter. I have done this for several years at greater weight than I carry now with no observable physical consequences. However, now that I am slimmer and in better shape, day one resulted in a pulling of muscles in a very tender region. I did take an awkward tumble, so maybe that was the cause. However, I fear that I will be laid up for a day or two. I fervently hope that I recover quickly and shall not be greatly amused if I don't.



 

5 comments:

Iona said...

Great pictures, I'm really enjoying them. Keep posting! :) Did you try any close-ups?

Melodee said...

Gorgeous. What state are you in? These remind me of northern Michigan.

Melodee said...

Oh, don't mind me. You're in Canada somewhere? I should browse more before I comment!

wanda said...

If this scene is just out your backdoor, you must live in heaven. How very beautiful that sight is.

Dale said...

Yeah, great pics Anvilcloudy-o. Keep 'em coming. Toronto has nary a hint of the white stuff. It's been cold enough, but so far, the ground lies bare. And thanks for visiting Mimico yesterday. I'll be fine. I know it.