When we walk the park on the weekend, we witness more activity than on weekdays. For one thing, there are always a number of people fishing. I take pictures of them, but I never like them, so I discard them in the bin of my forgetfulness.
On a nice day, there are water activities, often including dogs. While I binned one of a man walking his dog, both of them right in the river, I do have this ↓ one of a dog on a SUP, and this wasn't the only pooch getting such a ride on a warm, sunny day.
![]() |
| The lady stood up a moment later, and off they paddled. |
Many people consume, um, comestibles in the park, but a couple just off to the right of the above photo really had it figured out. And here they are.


I wonder about the little beasties that like to live and hunt near water. It looks idyllic. (I can spoil any dream . . . )
ReplyDeleteI was thinking the same as Jabblog about the bugs!
ReplyDeleteLucky dog though.
I could use handles on my grandkids sometimes, ha.
ReplyDeleteThat’s a clever life jacket for a dog! Haha.
ReplyDeleteI wonder if the dog enjoys that.
ReplyDeleteLiving their best lives of the day. Something we should all do!
ReplyDelete...and here I thought all dogs could swim.
ReplyDeleteMakes me think of that iconic picnic the Mole and the Water rat had in Wind I the Willows..
ReplyDeleteI'd be impressed if someone could paddleboard and grab a dog out of the water and not topple in themselves! Ah, what a perfect spot.
ReplyDeleteWhat does SUP stand for?
ReplyDeletePipeTobacco
SUP stands for Stand Up Paddleboarding, which is a water sport where a person stands on a board and uses a paddle to propel themselves through the water. This activity has gained popularity for its versatility and enjoyment, allowing individuals of all skill levels to engage in water activities.
DeleteI would fall off a SUP right away (terrible balance) so I think I would need one of those life jackets with a handle. I love relaxing near water although I wouldn't be drinking wine. Blech.
ReplyDeleteI'm thinking the doggie in the army green jacket would rather be swimming. Wine on the water's edge would attract bees, ants, and some skeeters. Linda in Kansas
ReplyDeleteGreat water sports, er relaxations!
ReplyDeleteI'm considering a life jacket like that for Charlie if we ever go canoeing or kayaking together. Hannah could have one too but she is a swimmer. The handles are handy for plucking the dogs out of the water! I love it!
ReplyDeleteMaybe I will learn how to paddle board...or not....
Paddle boarding is not going to happen, but a secluded spot on a lake wit a dog and a bottle of wine. That I could go for.
ReplyDelete