Wednesday, August 26, 2026

The Reciprocal Door

One of Sue's recent photo prompts involved doors, and since she is always looking for something special, we thought of the reciprocal door at the Blakeney Conservation area, so we made the 16 minute drive.


I was to pose at the unique door that you shall soon see, below, but first let me tell you what the accompanying plaque says: "Relationships are built when doors are opened and people are allowed in!"

The plaque goes on to explain that the door is a metaphor for the past, present, and future relationship between Indigenous peoples and Canadians, serving as a reminder of mutual commitment in a reciprocal relationship.

I was a willing model but not for long, and ye shall anon come to understand why.




While I really prefer all of the above poses, this ↓ is a better photo of me because my eyes are less in shadow from my hat.


Had we not been absolutely swarmed by ferocious biters and been able to study the images, we might have noticed the shadow issue, but we were absolutely beside ourselves to beat a hasty retreat. We still rather desperately swatted at those that followed us inside the car.

That makes two savage attacks within a week. While I am not anxious for colder weather, at the same time, I am thinking that a killing frost would be a rather good thing.

2 comments:

  1. Yikes on the insects. I'm having no enjoyment outside at certain parts of the day when the bees seem to want to land on me while I'm on the porch. But they are pollenating the flowers!

    I sort of like the one with you tipping your brim best. It seems very 'you'.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a rather neat art installment. If fosters one's imagination.

    ReplyDelete