Sunday, August 16, 2026

Father Goose

Fear not. I do not intend to report on every little bicycle ride that we take, but Sue thought of me as Father Goose on this one.

Although Sue and I did get on one ride without company, L was out to greet us as soon as opened the garage on the next day. Then, he got his brother, J out too. With me being followed, single file by two boys and Sue riding shotgun, she thought of geese out for a promenade.


At one corner she had us all make the same gestures for her post of the day: stop, left and right.


I liked the right signal best for photo purposes.


A little later, on a long section, I sprinted ahead, got off my bike and took a video clip of the three of them approaching.




19 comments:

  1. I think this is wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You guys would be welcome on my beach anytime. Geese? Not quite so much!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Keep on biking. It's cool that the little boys go with you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fun outing! The hand signals might be the legal ones, but I doubt very highly that a car driver would stop if he saw that sign for stopping. It just doesn't say it boldly enough.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Almost like watching the Tour de France!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So sweet! What a perfect day looks like.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's adorable! I kind of remember my hand signals from riding a bike. However, I've forgotten if they're the same ones for a car when the signals aren't working. We used to see that much more frequently.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Some interesting shadow pictures there too!

    ReplyDelete
  9. How fun. I'm sure you all had a good time.

    ReplyDelete
  10. How nice! Looks like a wonderful ride, dear friend!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love that! Teaching the young ones....

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love it! And it makes for great pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I don't recall you mentioning these neighbor boys until you starting writing about your bicycling again.
    I haven't been successful posting videos of late. Not sure why. They are surely short enough.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Glad safety is still being taught and reviewed! Charming. Linda in Kansas

    ReplyDelete
  15. Kids always know who the best teachers are. :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Nice shots. Love the right turn signal.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Good for dad teaching the kids safety.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love the photos and the fact that you are out and riding bikes! I have left mine in storage this year after so many outings last year.
    Oh well, I can enjoy your rides!

    ReplyDelete