Monday, August 24, 2026

Friday

On Friday morning, I was abruptly and rather rudely awakened at 8 by someone poking at my body. It was Sue, who was doing me a favour since I had to take Jonathan to work. While I still had an hour before departing, she knew that I would like to have a coffee and do some of my morning things.

I don't usually sleep until 8, and you might think I had a wonderful sleep. I guess I did in the end, but for the first hours of the night I was absolutely exasperated. I was restless and uncomfortable and tried two beds as well as my usual chair before roaming the house and having cookies and milk. I sat in the porch for awhile and determined that when I went back up, I would play Sudoku to help unwind and tire me. It often works, and it did that night, for I closed down the second game halfway through and soon settled to sleep.

I got JJ in plenty of time, and on the way, he informed me that he was scheduled for a 6:30 start this coming Saturday. That is normally not a problem for me, but sleep has been erratic lately. Whatever the case, Siri or Sue should poked me awake.

Back to Friday: by noon, Sue and I were sitting in Generations on the Lake restaurant, where we shot each shooting each other. I wanted to get the restaurant window in the background while she focussed on the subject — wonderful me. We had a nice lunch/brunch.


As we were leaving, I decided to take a snap of the old stove in the foyer. It's a Findlay stove which was manufactured right hear in Carleton Place. Too bad the Findlay factory is totally gone.


We drove a little way along the lakeshore where I took these shots, the second resembling a Gandalfian carving in the house directly across from my lake photo.



We got back just in time to pick up Jonathan from work at 1:30. We then exchanged JJ for Danica who has been sorting her stuff as she prepares to move into her room in a townhouse in Ottawa for her sophomore year at Carlton U. She loaded the car, and we drove her to the thrift store where she was able to drop off her old stuff.

From there, we took her to Tims for old times sake, where she punched in our order at the kiosk. We didn't need to do it that way because there wasn't much of a line, but that is what she likes to do.

I took a photo of Sue and Dani. I am not biased when I say that there are two wonderful and compassionate women. I have been lucky that way. And I am also just realizing that I have called my grandchild a woman, and I don't think I've done that before, so permit me i little sniff. Just a little one.


Sue took a photo of me and the girl. Then Danica put on my hat, and Sue clicked once more.


I will be posting more about Danica tomorrow. 

No comments:

Post a Comment