On a walk, I bragged to Sue. Of course, 2 rather fitful nights ensued.
Then, I got 4 good nights, reaching 7.5 hours on two occasions. That is actually sublime territory for me.
Being a slow learner, I bragged again. Never brag, folks.
What followed were two rather wretched nights in which I awoke at 3:30 after 4 hours.
I drives me crazy, I tell ya. Not that it's a long drive, eh?
But then I met my goal of 6.5 hours 2X with one night over 7. That was last night as I write this.
On one of the early mornings, I saw a glimmer of a decent sunrise from my chair, so I went to the window before 6, and snapped this photo.
That night, while watching tennis with Beloved, I could see a bright half-moon through the patio door. I stepped onto the deck and took a phone photo around 8:45. The clouds really helped to make a rather good photo.
I am so impressed with this quick, handheld phone shot. The exposure is very good, and the moon is quite in-focus. I had to remove some distractions, 4 wires for example, and do a little editing, but the point is that the phone gave me a great starting point.I cannot explain the light streaks that we see, but I don’t mind them at all.
I did go up to the bedroom to try for another photo, but the moon was already obscured by the clouds. Sadly.
The next night, I did get the moon in about the same spot from the bedroom, but it was about 45 minutes later in reaching the same point in the sky as it was on the previous night, so the blue was gone. There weren’t clouds either, but here it is for the record.
The bright building to the bottom left in both photos is a car wash.The lighted building in the second photo of the post is a daycare centre.
The lesson to me is how great a lunar exposure the phone rendered. I wasn't expecting much but was pleasantly surprised. The other lesson, that I really knew already, is that night photography is best while there is still some light before it gets very dark in what we call blue hour.
Of course, if you are shooting the Milky Way, you may have to take what you can get when you can get it. Of course, this is true for much photography.



No comments:
Post a Comment