We meandered over to Dark & Deadly on Sunday morning for a pre-birthday (mine) coffee and breakfast sandwich. Anything for an excuse, eh? Actually, we've been almost overusing that excuse lately.
I sat beside the figure which have seen before. A lady asked if that were our son. I replied that he looked like his mother. lol
Unrehearsed, we both found in-between shots: hers between legs, mine between hands. I like hers a lot.
A couple came in with a guide dog. I so dislike dogs that I decided to shoot it. Kidding: I don't dislike dogs, but I did shoot it.
I also shot another member of the D&D family. Sue said that he wasn't new, but I don't think I have photographed him before.
Now, what other pre-birthday treats can I wangle?
Is that baby in the car seat part of the exhibit or a real kid? He looks like a fake, waxy mannequin but why would they put a creepy baby in a car seat for a display? And on a better note, when is your birthday?
ReplyDeleteThe baby was very real. :)
DeleteThe only thing fake was the hands in the other photo.
DeleteGreat photos! Happy Birthday for whenever it actually is.
ReplyDeleteYour choice of morning coffee (the surrounding decorations) would put me off enjoying mine. Ghoulish indeed. But the photos were all admirably done. I just leave the scary for later in the day.
ReplyDeleteThat looks like a cool spot for a morning coffee.
ReplyDeleteI love your photography.
Love the baby shot.
ReplyDeleteWhen you are blowing out that candle, don't be wasting that wish. Make it count.
ReplyDeleteDark and Deadly! They are living up to their name that's for sure.
ReplyDeleteWow, cool photos that certainly fit the cafe's theme!
ReplyDeleteHappy pre-birthday.
ReplyDeleteI like the pictures.
Some celebrate all during their birthday month. Live it up!
ReplyDeleteAwwww time to celebrate once more! Looks like you are hanging out with some very special people...er skeletons, err monsters...
ReplyDeleteI love it!
Happy birthday whenever it is, it's all good.
ReplyDeleteTo me that sounds like a legit excuse to just enjoy life.
ReplyDeleteWonderful pictures. Happy Birthday, ❤️ whenever it is.
ReplyDeleteHappy Birthday! Glad to know you do not dislike dogs, they are the best folks around.
ReplyDeleteHappy Birthday! The baby is looking around wondering if he's really related to any of the creepy people. I wouild have nightmares after being in that place. Linda in Kansas where our witches are green and smashed under houses.
ReplyDeleteThis made me laugh, especially the “he looked like his mother” reply because that is exactly the sort of unexpected comment that makes an ordinary breakfast outing memorable. I love how you managed to turn a simple coffee and breakfast sandwich into a little photography session too, finding interesting shots in between conversations and whatever was happening around you. The guide dog photo made me smile because I knew where the “I decided to shoot it” was going before you got to the punchline. There is something lovely about having a favourite local place where you can keep returning, noticing different people, details and characters each time. As for the pre-birthday treats, I think you have started something now, so coffee and breakfast can hardly be enough. A nice lunch, cake somewhere, a little shopping trip or even a day out would all be perfectly reasonable birthday “research”.
ReplyDeleteWell you know I absolutely love this post. Give me a monster any day.
ReplyDelete