The first two orphan photos go back to June. On two nights, we walked to the park when the sun was beginning to set in the west. The elevated trees to the east caught golden light from the lowering sun from the opposite direction. There was a lot of reflection in the pond, but it was messy and even distracted from the lit tree, so I cropped most of the pond out.
Early in July, we sighted the heron from the trail bridge. This was my third heron photo of the year, all of the same heron, I presume.
Oh, I do have one more. It's a photo of dandelions from five years past. I think that five years makes it an special orphan.






These are great shots! I love reflection pics and the golden tones remind me of fall...even though I know it's no where in sight yet! Have a great weekend!
ReplyDeleteTechnically, most of my photos are orphans since they languish in folders likely to never be seen by anyone else.
ReplyDeleteThat heron is well camouflaged. I like the angles on that house.
ReplyDeleteI like that house, it just looks so tidy! Of course I'd mess it up with wild gardens planted hither thither and yon....
ReplyDeleteI love reflection photos and am hoping to find some places to do photos like you did with the tree and reflections this fall.
I don't think of those as orphans, but as stand alone. They each do!
ReplyDeleteThe dandelion shot is quite lovely.
ReplyDeleteGreat orphans today...my favorite is the house with its different textures and finishes.
ReplyDeleteLove the house! And a heron is always special.
ReplyDeleteThat heron blends in well; I had to take a couple looks to see it. Love the dandelion photo! (although I don't like them in my yard)
ReplyDeleteBeautiful "orphan" photos. I think the one of the heron is my favorite.
ReplyDeleteI especially like the cone flower and the dandelions images!!!!
ReplyDeleteOrphans are great kids too.
ReplyDeleteYour orphans are very nice I am glad you shared them. I saw my first heron today, driving by in the car. I did a bit of a skip at the sight of him. The flowers are very pretty, lovely lighting.
ReplyDeleteThat second photo looks like a painting. Totally gorgeous!!!
ReplyDeleteBeautiful orphans, all of them. The trees, and their reflections, are so lovely. I agree with you about the house - it looks welcoming.
ReplyDelete