A young fellow captured our attention outside of townhall. I have never seen anything quite like this, but I don't suppose it is unique, and most people probably have seen this sort of work being done.
I don't know how he would manage to clean the side windows because he would have to start from an even lower position. He might have room to erect a platform of some sort down there where there is more room down by the river than here on the narrow sidewalk.


What is unique about that first photo is seeing a young person working!
ReplyDeleteThat's a pretty good idea!
ReplyDeleteThis is how they wash the windows at my library. It's really surprising when you're inside reading and suddenly your window has water fired at it.
ReplyDeleteI have a telescopic pole that can extend about as far as the boy has his. Mine however has interchangeable heads so I use one to wash after dipping into a bucket of soapy water and then change heads to squeegee the water off. It works quite well. I do my windows twice a year, spring and fall.
ReplyDeleteI wish my windows were washable that way. Wishful thinking. So many dirty windows. Makes one just go outside to take photos!
ReplyDeleteThat work needs a young person with good shoulders.
ReplyDeleteMy windows desperately need cleaning but heading into fall and (hopefully) rain, it seems like a waste of time.
ReplyDeleteWe could use him at our place. I wonder if it is streak free?
ReplyDeleteFantastic idea 💡 👏
ReplyDeleteI need one of those.
ReplyDeleteI must disagree with the comment above (Jim & Barb's adventures). I know many young people who are working very hard in a world working against them. This young man looks quite confident and competent doing what I would struggle to do and yet he gets paid minimum wage and I get the seniors' discount at the grocery store?
ReplyDeleteWatching that young fellow tackle those high panes with such a clever contraption is fascinating. Holding a pole with an attached hose while targeting second-storey glass looks like quite a workout. I keep wondering how he manages tighter spots down by the river without tipping over. You should drop by with a cold lemonade next time he visits the town hall.
ReplyDeleteIt is very easy to see a good kid and use him to condemn his entire generation. Your grandson seems willing to work hard. My grandson is helping to paint a house.
ReplyDeleteStereotyping is always wrong.
This is genius. To see a young man doing the job is quite nice. Sorry to say you won't see kids working in my town.
ReplyDeleteWho ever came up with this idea had a good one for sure.
ReplyDeleteI've seen this gizmo before. It must take a lot of strength to handle it.
ReplyDeleteIt looks like the lower window is open??? Hopefully not!
ReplyDeleteYoung and healthy with a strong back and arms - good job, young man.
ReplyDeleteWindow washing is an art. I recall watching window washers while visiting my dad's office in Chicago.
ReplyDeleteGood on this youngster!
Windows. I wash mine constantly.
That takes lots of skill. I can't imagine doing that.
ReplyDeleteSandy's Space
That's a great catch!
ReplyDeleteWow. Great find, and can I hire him and his implement? Just joking, in truth, but I could have used him for sure in the first house we owned. Two storey and it took an extention ladder to get the bedroom window. And I had two kids in just over a year.
ReplyDeleteNow, there is some hard work!
ReplyDelete