We visited and spent time with Sabine twice this week because her humans have decamped to Southwestern Ontario for a week. Shauna takes the kids there to visit old friends in the place of her youth. They stay with her school friends who always take care of the kids well, and they have a pool, so the kids like to go too. At their present ages of 17 and 19, I am not sure how much longer these visits will be feasible, but they are enjoying them while they can.
Sabine is always quite happy to see us, and both Sue and I invariably snap a picture or two. I have two that I like. I took them with with the phone, of course, and I processed this first one right on the phone, cropping a lot. Ideally, both eyes would be in focus, but these, like most now, are just fun snaps, and I like the result quite a lot.
I also edited this next one on the phone, and I thought it looked good, but when I saw it on the computer, I didn’t like it, so I scrapped the phone edits and processed on the computer. Once again, I cropped, and in this case, I also asked Photoshop AI to fill in a nicer background (its choice, not mine this time), for I had shot while prone on the floor, and other than Sweet Sabine the scene was pretty sketchy. I like how Sabine looks, though.
One thing that I miss about Sarnia is chips under the bridge where the water is blue and when day is sunny and warm A visit to the waterfront is always on Shauna's todo list when she visits




You aren't the only one that misses the days pre 9/11 when we were blissfully ignorant of what was to come.
ReplyDeleteI recall visiting Canada in 1973 and then again in 1982, both times were amazing and so easy to just visit the beautiful area north of us. I miss those days.
ReplyDeleteWe took photos on film and didn't have to worry about FB, social media, and instant news.
Sabina is beautiful!
We will let you in for sure.
DeleteGreat portraits of a lovely lady! I missed understanding (which is not really a big surprise) the meaning of painted stones or C19.
ReplyDeleteC19 is COVID. I just don't like typing that name. :)
DeleteDuring the pandemic people would paint stones and take them to the waterfront. Indeed, I used to find painted stones strewn about here too, but they were random.
I read it as nineteenth century and was impressed with such a long tradition.
DeleteLove that first pic of Sabine.
ReplyDeleteI do too but just wish both eyes were in focus.
Delete