Thursday, January 12, 2023

Two Three-Legged Things

On a cold winter's day, Sue had me out for a photoshoot with me as her subject.

Actually, we had been out two days earlier when she grabbed this photo. The idea was to use negative space in a photo, but Sue found another that worked better for her prompt, so she didn't use it.

Yesterday, she wanted some that included my cane for her project of the day. At the pond around the corner, she took these photos, along with others, taken both here and in other spots. But I figure these two are enough for you as a little of me goes a very long way. The cane is especially visible in the second photo, and it occurs to me that both I and the tripod have three legs.



We were out for more than an hour, but I had to beg for mercy after awhile because my ancient fingers were fair unto frozen. I did try a few photos of my own. This one of a patch of ice stuck on a branch on the river is close to what I wanted to get.


After a warmish spell, we've had a few nippy days. Now, we are scheduled for a significant snowfall overnight and into tomorrow.

20 comments:

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

You were very obliging to be the object of Sue’s photo shoot, John, and I also think you colorful red attire was a good choice. We sill not get significant snow, nut some is expected today before turning to rain later today. Hope you are not snowed in, but it seems likely from your post.

Boud said...

When I saw your title, I expected a post about tripods. Maybe yours and Sue's. Not far off!

Jenny Woolf said...

I wouldn't be posing outdoors for long in Canada either! I think ice is surprisingly interesting once you look close. I photographed morning dew on a feather last year, it looked a bit like turbulent water spray or splinters of ice, a fascinating effect.

William Kendall said...

Excellent shots.

We shall see what this next storm does.

Marie Smith said...

Great photos. I love the last one especially!

Patio Postcards said...

I like to see your red coat against the winter scenes. Well done Sue with use of negative space. Your photo of the ice in the water is a great capture of nature in action.

DJan said...

I too think your red coat adds a lot to those pictures. And your last shot is pretty cool.

Barbara Rogers said...

I'm always impressed that our three legged kind can manage all that photo equipment. (Mine isn't the photo equipment, but usually a book, a box of kleenix and lunch!)

Marcia said...

Your red coat and hat really jump out in those photos.

Vicki Lane said...

Love the shot of the ice on the branch!

Margaret said...

Love the ice shot and the ones of you in action in your red coat are great too!

RedPat said...

Love your ice shot and also Sue's negative space shot. I think it is the blue sky that brings back memories of before all this cloud did us in. I need some sunshine.

DrumMajor said...

Surely you have some of those gloves / mittens with the finger and thumb tips exposable. I love the pair I have and they are hard to find in Kansas. LOVE the branch trying to slow down the river! Linda in Kansas

The Furry Gnome said...

Nice ice patch photo! But Sue's second photo needs a higher horizon.

Tom said...

Love the river shot. And it sounds like the next few days should give you some great snow opportunities.

Jeanie said...

Great wardrobe choice! That red really pops. And it looks darned cold! Glad you weren't shooting all day!

Jenn Jilks said...

These are great!

it'll all be covered up today!

gigi-hawaii said...

I really like what you and Sue do with your cameras. I should do more of my own photography, too, but I tend to be lazy.

Debby said...

I like the fluidity of the water contrasted with the solid water.

Kay said...

That final photo of the ice patch caught on the branch is magical. I hurt my knee and am using a leg brace. A cane could end up next if I don't get it cured.