Tuesday, January 17, 2023

My Snow Queen

Sue's 365 photo group will most likely prescribe a seasonal series again this year. This is the one that she put together last year, after she had taken all 4 photos.

After a fairly prodigious snowfall, she decided to experiment with the location that you see here for this year's series. There is a tree and lawn, so the scene should look quite different in the other seasons. After Sue set up her preferred composition for me to take with her phone, I took a few photos with my own camera. Mine are a slightly different composition, done to my own taste and not necessarily to piggyback on the seasonal theme.



Later, we stopped at the park. When I saw this ↓ composition which included trees, a bench, and snow- laden trees way the background on the other side of the river, I knew that I wanted to capture the scene, and I really like the result.


Sometimes, the best photo turns out to be the one that you didn't plan but just discovered in passing.

19 comments:

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

Sue is a lovely snow queen bundled up against the scene.

Marie Smith said...

That is a great shot, AC. I so agree about the accidental photos too.

Boud said...

If that last one becomes her choice, she can be seen dressed for each season.

William Kendall said...

Well taken!

Barbara Rogers said...

Besides being somewhat jealous of your snow scenery, I do enjoy looking at it. Sue definitely makes photos look more like family shots than calendar shots. And she deserves that credit too.

MARY G said...

I love all of it but the bench. For me, the colour of the bench is jarring.

Margaret said...

Love the Snow Queen coat! Looks perfect for cold weather. I am entranced by snow scenes in general and prefer the same one you do with the trees and bench. It has more interest for my eyes.

RedPat said...

Love the last shot too. And I really like Sue's coat.

Jeanie said...

THe photos are lovely and so is Sue in that fabulous coat!

Anvilcloud said...

@Mary. What colour are you seeing?

Joanne Noragon said...

Snow queen grounding snow scene.

Peace Thyme said...

I want that coat!!! Beautiful! As a bit of an artist, I hope that you take the pictures in the different seasons at the same time of day. Beautiful!!!

DJan said...

Very lovely shot, especially that last one. I didn't even notice the bench so had to go back and look. I don't see a problem with it myself.

Granny Sue said...

Beautiful Snow Queen! That photo is a real keeper.

Celia said...

Lovely photos. Reminds of some scenes from Dr. Zhivago. Scenic and romantic. Such a beautiful place where you live,

Red said...

I like the coat in this one as it's there but doesn't steal the scene. Just think how your red coat would destroy this shot. Just my opinion! No hard feelings!

Marcia said...

What a perfect coat for a snow queen.

Debby said...

That coat is perfect for a Snow Queen!

Tom said...

That's one spectacular coat ... she even looks warm!