Saturday, October 14, 2017

Davis Lock

After Chaffys, we motored over to Davis Lock, our third and final stop of the day. We had actually had pictured Davis in minds when we went to Chaffys but got the two of them confused. We like Davis Lock somewhat more than Chaffys.

It's a single lock which you can see bits and pieces of in the following three photos. I was more concerned with capturing foliage than the lock itself.





Looking downstream from the lock, south toward Sand Lake



Looking upstream from the lock, more or less west toward Opinicon Lake



The same red chairs in both shots above from close to the same spot with different zooms. The chairs were the main intent of the first photo and the dock in the second. I thought the diagonal line might make a good element.

The above directions and lakes are my best guess as my camera GPS shows me the spot from where I took the picture but doesn't automatically tell me in which direction I was pointing. So, I look on the map and orient myself as best as I can.

7 comments:

Blogoratti said...

Such a beautiful lake and surrounding landscape. Great photos, and warm greetings!

Mara said...

That top photo with the sun shining through the foliage is glorious. Your eyes really do get drawn to the tree and even though you can see the lock, it's not the focus. Brilliantly done.

Debbie said...

these are really beautiful, the first one, wow...it is exceptional, i like the shadows!!!

Silver in AZ said...

such gorgeous shots; every one!

Marie Smith said...

A piece of heaven. I imagine it is busy there in the summer.

Vicki Lane said...

I really enjoy seeing the locks -- not something we have around here.

Jenn Jilks said...

We like visiting the locks, now closed for the season.
Yup. We missed you by a day!