Friday, October 13, 2017

Chaffys Lock

What the heck happened!? I must have forgotten to check posts for a few days, and there were all sorts of them in the queue when I finally checked in on Feedly. Some people had 3 or 4 — it's been that long! I perused them all and commented on some. I got around to it early this morning after a very smelly cat offering woke me up ~4AM. 😒

Even I had 3 posts in my own queue, and another appeared as I finished going through everyone else's. I'm a bad AC. Very bad.

Shall we get back to our lock tour from Tuesday?

After visiting Jones Falls (previous post here), it was still early, so we decided to take a run over the Chaffeys Lock. Yes, I think it is usually written without the possessive apostrophe, and I'm good with that as I think apostrophes in titles can be quite pretentious.

There is a single lock at Chaffeys. We didn't stay long, but I took a few photos. I'll share 2 of them.

The white house almost hidden behind colourful trees with the part of the lock and lamppost in the foreground.


We went down below the lock on the left where I took this one, looking more or less north toward Indian Lake, the lock allowing access to the higher Murphys Bay behind.


Then, we were onto the next lock. Stay tuned.

7 comments:

Debbie said...

i often get behind...i just leave comments in my email inbox and get to them when i have time to read entries. your pictures have been exceptional lately, you have a great eye!!!

Mara said...

Wouldn't you like to take a boat ride down that water/river/canal? I bet you could take lovely photos of everything, but with a different angle.

Marie Smith said...

I am behind today as well, AC. Late posting and late catching up with everyone.

The lock area you describe is beautiful.

Tabor said...

Envious of your perfect weather.

Joanne Noragon said...

The tow path is in good repair, but it cannot be a working canal. Is it a park?

MARY G said...

What Mara said. I have a lot of that kind of shot. Yours is a classic.

Jenn Jilks said...

I like the colour of the water at this time of year.