Monday, January 27, 2014

JJ Being a Canadian Boy, Eh


Doncha just love that ↑↑ pose. After a long layoff, we finally made it to one of JJ's practices. He greeted us excitedly, and when we told him that we wanted to take a picture, that's ↑↑ the position that he assumed. How cool.

Then the boys hit the ice ↓↓, and he is certainly doing a lot better than the first practice that we attended. He's not setting the pace for the team, but he has improved greatly.





I wandered here and there to take various angles, while dad and grandma ↓↓ parked themselves under the most welcome heaters.


They had a bit of a scrimmage toward the end of the session. JJ is in the middle of both of these frames.



Then, we went home to get ready to go and see the "Desolation of Smaug." The resemblance between the book and the movie was sparse at best. I have laughingly renamed it to the "Desecration of Tolkein."

11 comments:

Donna said...

Oh Ac....he's growing UP! I LOVE these shots and the first one is adorable!
hughugs

Regenia said...

He just seems like the sweetest little boy. The pose is a given, isn't it? After all, he IS a hockey player! So much fun to see these.

TexWisGirl said...

adorable and tough! :)

Country Gal said...

Hi AC
I like your blog and your grand kids are soo cute ! Nice photos . Hello from Southwestern Ontario ! I will be popping by to see whats going on in your neck of the woods . Thanks for sharing . Have a good day !

Gail Dixon said...

He's a precious boy. I love the way he posed for you. You can tell he takes his sport seriously. Reminds me of my eldest son posing with his baseball bat so many years ago.

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

Quite the serious hockey player now with lots of determination showing in your photos, AC. And is that a girl also playing on the team or a young fellow with longish locks?

Kerry said...

Two things:
1. This post contains (maybe) my favorite pics of your grandkids. That 1st photo! And the scrimmage.
2. I do not know how you typed those arrows. Pretty neat.

Dale said...

1. Pride is evident - in the boy and in you.
2. You are a very good picture taker.

MARY G said...

Great photos! They look so sweet all done up in the gear. I recall putting all that stuff onto my step-grandson and being soaked in sweat by the time I had him laced up and strapped up.
I get to go to Miss G's gym meet next weekend so I will raise you gymnast photos after that.
He is the most persistent little guy - his feet are starting to look very hockey playerish.

WordsPoeticallyWorth said...

Cute shots.

Thank you. Love love, Andrew. Bye.

Anonymous said...

Look at him, he's so good. I couldn't stand up in skates, never mind push a puck around the ice. The first pose is classic. Love it.