Thursday, January 23, 2014

Buppa's Big Bald Head

It's been awhile since I posted about the kids. To think that they used to be my GoTo fare.

Oh, the endless hours of fun to be had with Buppa's Big Bald Head. I did not coin this phrase. It's Danica's appellation, and I have the feeling that it will stick for a long time to come. I don't know what started the latest round of interest, but it may have been JJ with Danica soon joining in the merriment and taking over -- naturally.

Among other things, they are using a magnifying glass to look for hair (lol) and any areas showing signs of deterioration, of which there are plenty. They diagnose my problems, write notes, and bring me pills in the form of Valentine candies -- you know, the kind with little message on them. JJ and I don't particularly like them, but Danica does.

I think JJ soon offered me the tissue next and that it went on my head.

Now, let's examine those eyes.

You just have to smile and enjoy these munchkins.

There is history in this magnifying glass. It was first used by my grandmother when she began to lose her sight near to the time when I came into this world, so it's ~70 years old although I am not quite than ancient yet. Then, my parents used it, although as my mother developed cataracts, she opined that the thing was wearing out because it wasn't working as well as it used to (another lol). Now I have it although I am not reduced to using it yet, except sometimes to read instructions on medication containers. Seriously, who needs meds more than us oldies, but who has more problems with vision than us oldies?

Anyolehow, I find it so gratifying that that the children find such joy and inspiration in my big bald head, and I hope that someday their children might get some use and joy from this magnifying glass. Wouldn't that be neat -- for it to be used by 6 generations? I don't, however, wish baldness upon any of my descendants.

JJ writes a note after examining me.

The note gets posted to the fridge. Buppa is expected to use the glass to examine it carefully.
Doncha love the look on JJ's face?

At this point JJ was rearranging letters on the fridge, and I was trying furiously to try to guess them.
I think I passed. (lol #3)

12 comments:

TexWisGirl said...

how cute!

and i laughed at the 'wearing out'. :)

Gail Dixon said...

That is so precious. They are taking their investigation very seriously. lol Cute, cute post!!

Jimmie Earl said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jimmie Earl said...

Well, you get the gist of what I was trying to say. Darn keyboard, anyhow. Maybe that's why they're called "Grand." LOL!

Jimmie Earl said...

Oh, heck! I'm going back to napping. Grandchildren are wonderful. That's why they're called "Grand." Great share! Thanks!
Maybe this comment will be correct!

Hilary said...

I did indeed have a good laugh at your LOL moments.. particularly your mother's concern about the magnifying glass. The kidlets, as always are just such a hoot. Thanks for this.

Hilary said...

I did indeed have a good laugh at your LOL moments.. particularly your mother's concern about the magnifying glass. The kidlets, as always are just such a hoot. Thanks for this.

Mara said...

Well, it's common knowledge that magnifying glasses have a limited shelf life. At least I thought it was. Soon to come with an expiration date on it as well, if you were to buy a new one!!

Lorna said...

there are cultures where a head like that, regal and commanding, would bestow royalty on its bearer. That might also be the cultures where they use polished skulls for drinking beer.

KGMom said...

They will remember that their granddad was such a good sport.

Regenia said...

Way, way too sweet!

Anonymous said...

You are a very good Buppa and they are adorable.