Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Around the Place

I am sure I can scrounge up a few more posts from the cottage. In the meantime, Sue has already posted four posts. This one is the first of the series , but you can click forward from the Newer Posts link at the bottom left of each post to access the rest.

Today's focus is on outside shots but not hiliting just the barn this time. Let's begin with the house as seen from the entrance. The second of the two is a pano made from 3 or 4 pictures with more or less a 90° angle. The road had not yet been plowed after a snowfall.



Here's the house and part of the yard from the other side, taken on a snowshoe tromp.


This is a view of the converted planer mill. I like the snowshoe tracks leading toward the mill. The tracks on the right lead toward the swimming hole, which really isn't a hole but a point from which we access the water.


The mill is also the farthest building in this photo taken from the yard. Closer, is the old barn, the one that was never painted.


And, just in case you didn't get enough of the red barn three posts back, here is another slice — literally, a slice.



This is the back of the garage: the peak of which is visible in the preceding picture.


The house in the evening: taken on our last night there. I shouldn't have waited that long because the night was bitterly cold and windy. There was smoke coming out of the chimney, but it was just being blown away horizontally in the strong wind.


Finally, I am stealing a photo from Mary, that she took on New Years Eve. She is also in the photo. Sue and I are the ones making circles at either end. If I am seeing into the dark rightly, the back row from left to right is Sue, Laura, Heather, Brad, Brian, me. In front are Ben and Mary.


10 comments:

TexWisGirl said...

that last photo is very creative! :)

loved the beautiful snowy scenes. my fave is the one with the fence in front. :)

Hena Tayeb said...

wow.. look at all that snow.
Happy New Year!

Gail Dixon said...

How deep is that snow? Lordy, don't think I could cope with that, though it is very beautiful. Love the slice of the barn and the light writing photo. Super cool!

Jackie said...

Love being able to view your world through your camera. Lovely beyond words. You know that I especially love the barn shots.
The warmth of the light coming outside onto the snow from the house made me smile. It does look extremely cold in those photos.
Kudos to all of you for bringing in 2014 in such a creative way! Love that shot, too.
Hugs,
Jackie

Hilary said...

I love Mary's creative New Year photo.. what a great idea to involve everyone and record the moment. And I suspect she could sneak that one in again in 6,000 years. ;)

Love the area around your cottage.. so beautiful.

Mara said...

That last photo is great! Whenever I get them like that, I did something wrong! And this looks just right!

Ginnie said...

Great pictures as usual, AC. I have one word that describes them all ...BRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR !

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

Cold and cute cottage collection.

Regenia said...

I do hope you are creating a bound album of your work. Better yet, two, one for each of your daughters that could then be handed down to Danica and JJ. What a beautiful legacy that would be, the world through their father or grandfather's eyes. And he saw and captured such beauty!

Regenia said...

I do hope you are creating a bound album of your work. Better yet, two, one for each of your daughters that could then be handed down to Danica and JJ. What a beautiful legacy that would be, the world through their father or grandfather's eyes. And he saw and captured such beauty!