Friday, January 24, 2014

A Cold Mist off the Mississippi River

The other day, I was asked to take the kids home after school. When we passed by Riverside Park, I saw a pretty mist coming off the water. I hurried home to grab my camera and drove back.

It was frigid with temperatures around -25°C/-13°F, so I wasn't about to spend much time outside the car. I did hop in and out a few times, and just about froze my fingers off. Man, was it cold!

Here are some of the results from the shoot.

The mist is quite visible in this one, with the setting sun lighting it up.
Actually, this was my first picture, or one of them anyway.
Our favourite spot to park is in front of this tree.

Same tree. Different shot.
From farther down the street, looking through the trees.

A parting shot. Home to get warm.
For newcomers to this blog, there is a Mississippi River that flows through Carleton Place. It is not related to the Mighty Mississippi of the same name.

11 comments:

TexWisGirl said...

love the bare trees against those colors!

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

Yes, I would have run back home for my camera if these scenes were seen.

Bernie said...

Absolutely beautiful AC, xo

Gail Dixon said...

The light and subtle colors are fantastic!

Ginnie said...

I had to go get a sweater ... just looking at those photos chilled me to the bone ... but they are lovely too !

Lorna said...

What makes mist like that?

Regenia said...

I love how you have captured late afternoon. Wonderful pictures.

Kerry said...

Gorgeous. I didn't know about *the other* Mississippi.

MARY G said...

Wow! Worth freezing the fingers for these. You should enter a couple of them in a contest and watch the ribbons roll in.

Pearl said...

oh right. mist coming off the water. as someone gave me a lift home I saw that and thought I should go back with my camera. but then I was home and warm and whatnot. totally forgot.

Anonymous said...

I absolutely love that last shot. Stay warm AC