Monday, January 20, 2014

I am such a Liar!

When I wrote that I was at the end of my Riverwood pics, I lied. Unintentionally of course. It was yet another case of forgetfulness by this ancient one. Actually, I have several more offerings in store for the faithful

Let us begin todays melange of photos with my nephew, Ben. He slept on the pull-out in the living room, and I could not resist taking a picture of him with his computer, iPad, and iPhone all close at hand as he lollygagged (or lallygagged) one morning. "Lollygag" caused some consternation when I used the word on Flickr, but in my world, it connotes relaxing and doing pleasant things. Some dictionaries think of it more as wasting time, but I don't use the that way.


I took this photo ↓ of a corner of the cottage early one morning when I was up and about on my own. Sue painted the photo above the lamps quite a few years ago, and gifted it to the house. In the second version, I played with creating a multiple exposure effect in Photoshop. It worked, more or less.



Staying inside for the moment, the kitchen cabinets are vintage.


Icicles hanging from the hops plant just outside the side door.



↑ A view downriver along the frozen Crowe and ↓ a peek thru sunlit pine cones.


Finally for this post, I have pretty well ignored the garage this visit, so here is a pic ↓ from the stoop as the sun lit the garage/workshop early in the morning.


5 comments:

Shammickite said...

I like the sunlight glinting off the top of the wellies, and I agree, lollygagging can be a very constructive activity, I am an expert so you can take my word for it!

Gail Dixon said...

Red barns surrounded by snow...can't beat that image! Really lovely.

TexWisGirl said...

love the last one - and your wife's painting!

Hena Tayeb said...

Nice pictures.

Regenia said...

Great photography AND painting!