Saturday, December 01, 2012

She Needed Cheering

Danica needed a little cheering after school the other day after some girl decided to exclude her for whatever reason. The poor thing sobbed her little heart out in the car after we picked her up. It's so sad when children are mean to other children, especially when it's to someone who doesn't have a mean bone in her body. And this is just kindergarten. Oh my.

Anyway, Sue had the idea to do something a little special for supper. We lit candles and dimmed the lights, and I made a little photo booklet for her to take to school. (photos below)

On another note, so to speak, Jim Nabors should be proud, for she and JJ demand his version of Go Tell it on the Mountain multiple times whenever they are in our car. I'm not sure when he recorded the song, but whenever it was, I am willing to bet that he didn't expect little kids to be enthralled with it in 2012. (Link later after the photos.)







8 comments:

KGMom said...

Oh the heartache of cruelty to a young girl--and worse still to have it be inflicted by a classmate.
Yes, you are right--this is only kindergarten.

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

How said to read of the cruelty that young children can inflict on one another only by actions. How wonderful that Sue knew the way to turn a bad day into a great evening!

Hilary said...

Oh that tweaks the heartstrings, for sure. No doubt they will both get past it by Monday. Kids.. sigh! And Gomer Pyle, eh? Go figure. :)

Mara said...

It's so sad when something like that happens. I hope she is feeling a bit better about it now though.

MARY G said...

What can you tell a little girl when that has happened? I've never been albe to figure out the right thing to dry the tears and help build a shield... but the glowing Santa candle looks like a fine plan.

I can see why Danica would like that version. Full of action and verve.

Donna said...

OH! I'm SO sorry she was hurt by those other kids!!! I guess we all go through it but that doesn't make it any easier when we see someone we love get hurt...
hughugs

troutbirder said...

Good job on the part of the grandparents. Oh and I remember Gomer well. It was always a surprise somehow to hear him sing so beautiful with that funny voice...:)

Regenia said...

I am just so sorry to hear Danica had to be hurt this way. It must have been so difficult to see her sobbing. I wonder if the other little girl sees in Danica a happy, and I'm sure, well-liked little girl and is consequently really very jealous.