Thursday, December 13, 2012

Our Muffin Recipe

When Sue injured her hand a month or two ago, I decided to help out by making the muffins, which she would typically bake a few times per week. Now that her hand is somewhat better, we take turns although I seem to be taking more turns. This is partly because I often arise hours earlier than she, so I feel that I might as well to something constructive with my time.

This is her recipe that I share. I will strip her instructions to me down to the basic recipe, but, just for a slightly befume, there are notes on what bowls and implements to use.

  1. Preheat oven to 375.
  2. Wet bowl: In the larger bowl, mix 1 cup of oatmeal with 1 cup of plain yoghurt. Set aside.
  3. Dry bowl: Add 1 cup of loosely levelled flour. Add and mix rounded ¼ cup of bran.
  4. Dry bowl: Add 1 tsp cinnamon, 1/2 tsp baking soda and 1 tsp baking powder. Mix well and set aside.
  5. Wet bowl: Add and mix thoroughly in order: 1/4 cup oil, 1 egg,  1/2 cup brown sugar (packed). 
  6. Combine 2 bowls dry to wet. Mix but don't over-mix.
  7. Sprinkle and mix in 1/4 cup of chopped walnuts and 1/4 cup of blueberries (or dried cranberries or raisins).
  8. Distribute mix to 1 dozen muffin cups, about two large spoonfuls each.
  9. Bake for 25 minutes.
  10. Remove muffins from baking tin and set on rack to cool, covered with a cloth.


The two bowls combined with walnuts and blueberries added

Ready for the oven

Done

Ready to eat: one with blueberry jam, one with just butter

7 comments:

Mara said...

Can you send some over? They look yummy!

I do wonder about the other instructions though...

Donna said...

I'm SO glad it's time for lunch here!! Made me Hungry!!Hahaa
hughugs

Carole said...

Hi there. Food on Friday: Muffins and Cupcakes is open for entries. This looks like a neat one! I do hope you link it in. This is the link . Please check out some of the great links there are already. Cheers

Hilary said...

Those look great. Remind me to stop by for breakfast, one morning. ;)

KGMom said...

Thank you--this recipe is a keeper.

Gina said...

I can't remember the last time I had time to bake anything. :(

Lorna said...

Remember when you asked me to take down a post you thought would be not in Sue's best interest? Tag!