Thursday, December 06, 2012

A Curious Life

Yes, it's a wonderful life at this time of year, but it is also a very curious life. Here's how curious it can be.

Ruth is a blogger who lives in the Kitchener-Waterloo area west of Toronto. We have followed each others blogs for years.

She is currently visiting her daughter who lives in Ottawa.

I also follow Ruth on Facebook. Yesterday, she posted that she had walked a nature trail and was visited by chickadees.

Today, I dropped Sue off for a few hours in a place somewhat near this trail.

Since I had a few hours to kill, I purchased some seed and headed off to the trail, The Jack Pine Trail is located in Ottawa's very large greenbelt.

Did you get that? A blogger from Kitchener wrote about something near me on Facebook. I happened to be near that area today, so I visited it too.

Yes Virginia, it is a Curious Life.

I was visited almost instantly by Chickadees, even before I was prepared. They startled me. Sometimes, I walked along with seed in my outstretched hand, and I was visited by both chickadees and nuthatches as I walked. I had a grand time. Fortunately, it was not bitterly cold today, and I was able to be barehanded although my little digits were pretty cold by the end.


And here are the pictures, some with my hat as a prop and seed holder. too bad I couldn't take pictures of me with the birds, but that's life. Sometimes, they even landed right on my camera. What fun we had!








10 comments:

Hilary said...

Chickadees are sweet, curious birds. And bold. I'm glad you had a great time with your feathered and bushy tailed friends. Did you actually get to meet your friend, Ruth?

Thanks for the resizing advice. I do use Flickr and I also know that I kind of pushed my limits photo size-wise. I just need to pull it back a bit for my next set.. sometime in January. Much appreciated.

Ruth said...

I love your pictures! Yes, life can be most curious. It was bitterly cold, cloudy and dull yesterday and my pictures were not great. And I never saw the Nuthatch. Perhaps someday I will meet you and Cuppa.

KGMom said...

AC--what a wondrous and curious adventure. I do note that you dropped your wife so you could hang out with the birds...hmmmm.

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

Life is indeed curious and gets more so every day. Looks like it was definitely a walk for the birds, now if only they double have taken your photo.

RVVagabond said...

Thanks to the Internet our world seems to get smaller and smaller. Perhaps next time you'll actually meet Ruth. In the meantime we'll enjoy your photos of your feathered and furry friends. Would have loved to have seen one of you and the birds; could you carry one of those tiny spider-y tripods to position on a low branch?

Donna said...

OH! That must have been Fun!!
Great shots Ac!
hughugs

Lorna said...

I would never encourage a bird to sit on my hat--just seems like tempting fate.

Mara said...

I hope they didn't have any little accidents so close to your hat! But they do look lovely!

Regenia said...

Such beautiful little creatures! And captured by wonderful photographs!

Mary said...

An awesome experience, John. I would love to walk this trail.

Merry Christmas to you and Sue.

Blessing,
Mary