Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Tromping Through the Woods

Danica had a PA Day on Friday, so grandma and grandpa did a wee bit of extra duty. Did I say, "Wee bit?" One day of Danica drains us like about three with Jonathan, especially when it is preceded by a sleepover.

The day began with a great spill by the beloved Cuppa, who missed a stair and thus didith splatteth herselfeth on the flooreth, She's says she's fine, but she badly sprained an ankle and is really hobbling with the aid of a cane. I look upon it as yet another opportunity to elevate my Domestic God status.

The big event of the day was to be a walk through the woods at Mill of Kintail, and Buppa and Danica went through with the plans despite Amma's incapacitation. For almost the end of October, the day was very warm, and both The Bups and The Daniloohoo were pretty worn by the end of it.

Anyway, here are a few pics from our tromp. The observant amongst you will not fail to notice that, unlike as is the case with her brother, photos of Danica on a walk are taken of her butt receding into the distance.




Following are a few more photos from when we stopped when I rested but she ... didn't.

Buppa resting. I am not sure, but this may be Danica's first published photo.

Taken while I was still resting in the same spot.

Later: Dani at the playground.
Keep going girl. Don't stop now.

There is a fitness trail at Kintail. There were more apparatuses than shown below; of course, she had to try each one.



I am tired again, just remembering it. It was hot, and I was sweating. Even Danica was a bit worn out by the time we got back to the car.

5 comments:

troutbirder said...

Beautiful woods adn children. And as they said the good deal for grandparents is that after the joys of spending time with the grands, tired and exhausted you can go home to recuperate....:)

Hilary said...

I suspect that Danica has only two speeds... high.. and sleep.

Ginnie said...

After Hurricane Sandy blew through here it left cold, windy weather so your blog pictures look especially warm and comforting !!

MARY G said...

Yes, I have one of those too, complete with disappearing into the distance shots. Mine are from Capilano, and I will get them up. Sometime. Soon. I hope.

Pearl said...

Great memories made there. Love the tossing around of leaves.