Monday, October 22, 2012

Condolences

Sue and I offer condolences to our dear in-laws, Larry and Mary Anne, who yesterday lost their beloved Oliver: a dear King Charles Cavalier Spaniel.

I first met Oliver about ten years ago when they lived in Chatham, and we lived in nearby Sarnia. Since then, we have both moved, but we visit L&M and their dogs once or twice a year. I kind of fell for Oliver the first time I met him and seriously considered getting a dog. Although that yen has passed, I continued to like Oliver and his sisters, Fergie and Starr, who are similarly coloured King Charles Cavalier Spaniels. They are all beautiful dogs.

Oliver was fine when we last saw him about a month ago, but a short, tearful note just let us know that he had passed on. All the best to Larry and Mary Anne, and if there's a doggie heaven, Oliver is there.

Oliver and Larry

Oliver waiting by the door

4 comments:

Diana said...

My condolences. I know the pain of a beloved pets passing. I still miss our "Willie" who passed about ten years ago. We still talk about him. They are faithful and loving. This is so sad.
Love Di ♥

Donna said...

Oh nooo....Such a Beautiful little member of the family...Bless Oliver's heart.
Sending prayer and hugs to Oliver's family...Such a hard thing to go through...
hughugs

Bernie said...

Oliver was a member of their family, he really was cute. My heart goes out to them, grief is grief.....:-)Hugs

Regenia said...

This IS a beautiful dog! It is hard to lose one since they become part of the family.