Wednesday, March 14, 2007

It's a New Day



What a difference a day makes! Yesterday morning, although I was pleased to see the snow pulling back from the edges, there was still 6 to 8 inches of snow covering most of our back yard. After a nice day but without the help of rain, I was surprised to see that much of it was gone by evening. By this morning, even more was gone, and above is what it look liked by noon when it did begin to rain. That's quite a difference! It must have happened before in my life, but I can't remember noticing such a change within such short time span.

Further out back, on the other side of the street, there are fields belonging to the community and school. These fields were also covered with snow just yesterday.

5 comments:

Heather Plett said...

Same thing happened here on the weekend, though we still have a considerable amount more snow left on the ground (no grass showing on my lawn yet). But then today, as though it were only teasing us, it got cold again. Grrr.

Pam said...

We still have a lot of snow, but the green is beginning to show. Yeehaaa!

Anonymous said...

Yes (contented sigh) so marvelous.

Cathy said...

I actually got caught far out on a boardwalk in a thunder, rain and hail storm. Small price to pay for a taste of Spring. I did get to hear chorus frogs and Spring Peepers.

Anonymous said...

Still waiting for this to happen here. Although I am starting to think that a fast thaw may result in a lake in my back yard.

Love the Spring look to your blog. :-)