Monday, March 26, 2007

Birthday Pics

As you know, it was Cuppa's birthday weekend. As per usual, the grand lady somehow managed to stretch a one day event into five. But who's counting? One of the events was an actual birthday day dinner and cake (of course) chez les kids, which is French for at the kids' house — in my version of French anyway. Before dinner, we had the ceremonial laying on of hands upon the Smudge, or as near as we could get to her. She was being a very active little thing at that point; we could often see the evidence of her rummaging and rumbling about. No doubt, she's getting a might crowded. I get claustrophobic just thinking about it.



Later, Theboy decided to exercise his masculine muscularity by picking up an older woman. Hey! When I was his age, I could do that too! Hmmmpppph. He does have an advantage, however, as he once trained to be a fireman.



It's a poor quality shot, but I can't resist giving you this glimpse of our party. Yes, we are a wild bunch. (Which was another birthday outing of another day — seeing the film, Wild Hogs, I mean.)



It is my understanding that more photos will appear on Brown Betty Brew, eventually.

10 comments:

dmmgmfm said...

You have such a lovely family. It looks like you have fun all the time. Good on you!

ChrisB said...

It's so lovely to be able to share in other people's celebrations. Sounds like a good time was had by all.

methatiam said...

I added a "Happy Birthday" comment to her BLOG, though a bit early. It looks as though she did, indeed have a very happy birthday.

Pam said...

Great photos, good celebration. I think 5 days is about right for a 60th. Cuppa looks fantastic!

Gina said...

Good times!

Linda said...

I hope that I will look as good at 60 and be able to have as much fun. You are blessed to have each other.

karla said...

Oh my goodness, Smudge is going to have the most awesome Grandparents. Just look at that little round belly.

Any day now!

Anonymous said...

You must both be so excited about wee Smudge. I love happy birthday celebrations. Wishing Cuppa all the best and a very happy and good year.

Cate said...

Looks like everyone had fun during the birthday festivities! I'm so excited for you and smudge's arrival!

Cate

Cathy said...

You've sure got pretty women in your life. So many smiles - so much happiness. (You boys are pretty cute, too:0)