Tuesday, September 29, 2026

Walking Together, Then and Now

Yesterday, I posted this photo of Danica and me  holding hands while walking through her campus.


I love it as is but wondered if I could successfully put us in a different and less cluttered background, and so I did by compositing it with a photo from the park that I posted recently. You may not know this about me, but I like to experiment with my photos to see what will happen if I do this or that.


Those are both my photos that I composited together manually, sans AI. However, I do confess to invoking a modicum of AI to help blend the two images together in their lighting and colour.

When I showed it to Sue, she opined that I should also find a photo of us walking hand-in-hand from her younger years. I soon found one from August 2009. If I were to have kept searching, perhaps I might have found an even better photo, but this one suits the goal.


Then, I did a similar thing, as above, by compositing us into a current image, one that you haven't seen posted although you still might.


It was a fun process with fairly good results, in my opinion.






23 comments:

  1. Beautiful work of compositing! My youngest son brought me a photo album of the early years of their lives and photos I took of them and our family growing up in the early years.

    It was so wonderful to look through that huge album again and see those memories.

    I love this. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are the merging genius...bringing time to a standstill as you jump through different places and events.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Could you do a double exposure of this? Super impose the path so that it looks like the same path but different directions? A coming and a going, kind of.

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are absolutely brilliant. Well done my friend. Have a nice day today.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You're going to get hired to modify photos!
    What happened to your right arm in the one with little Danica?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You notice details. She was a goer, so we had her harnessed, which I was holding behind my back while I held onto her hand with my left hand.

      Delete
  6. Great fun! I tried to take a recent photo of me and put on a crown, but I gave up. Too old for new tricks...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Heartwarming! Two delightful photos in any setting and I have enjoyed your background changes also.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Those are great modifications!

    ReplyDelete
  9. All of them are joyful, she's adorable in her little bucket hat.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Some constants remain, especially love, if we're lucky.

    ReplyDelete
  11. How wonderful that she will still hold your hand.

    ReplyDelete
  12. You did a great job with the transfer and how wonderful all these are!

    ReplyDelete
  13. You have fun with your photos.

    ReplyDelete
  14. You for sure teach a master class. But, the second photo should have been 'back to the camera' for perfect symmetry. sometimes there are better goals than symmetry.

    ReplyDelete
  15. You did great! Love these photos.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Well done! The one on the bridge is adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  17. The pictures really did come out great.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Time goes by in a hurry.

    ReplyDelete
  19. That’s a fun hobby you have, and you’re very good at it. I can’t even get telephone wires out of my pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Fun stuff! I admit, though, I like the originals best.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Sweet photos. Well done on the editing. You’re very skilled at it.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Sweet memories are made of these photos and the holding of hands.

    ReplyDelete