Wednesday, September 09, 2026

Labour Day Turquoise and Ice Cream

Sue's photo prompts this week have all to do with turquoise. They are all mixed with something else, like surprise or urban or whatever. 

We were driving along main street heading north to check out a new storefront to check its colour, when Sue spotted turquoise chairs outside of the ice cream shop. I already had been thinking that we needed to stop somewhere or other for a cone before summer vanished, as the season has been seen to be packing its suitcase, having booked its flight to Ecuador.



In this shoulder season it was not too hot to sit outside in the sun, but the shady alley would have beckoned on a hot, summer day. It looks so pleasant and inviting.


So, we sat out front on main street enjoying our fifteen dollar ice creams cones. Yes, they came to that with waffle cones and tax. I think a single cone was almost $6 before the add-ons. 

Sue found a unique photo with the two of us, but I had to hold both cones for her to get the shot.


That wasn't just the first cone of this year, but we also missed last year completely, so it was the first and only in two years. The same is true for visiting a chip truck, so I want to do that before I start behaving myself better when it comes to indulging in those calorific comestibles.

Stay tuned.

2 comments:

  1. I have you beat today. I haven't had a cone in three years now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You should have held the cone in your right hand higher so that it looked like reflective Sue was holding it.

    ReplyDelete