Friday morning was a bit unusual. We had a new driveway paved three years ago, as many in neighbourhood had done. A few days ago, we saw that some owners had found a local company to top it or seal it or whatever you call it. When we saw the posted sign, Sue called, and they came the next day.
By 7 o'clock!
They were done by 8, and it was time to pay: by e-transfer please.
Okay then. Phone out. It took me awhile to locate the app.
Then, I had to remember the 16 digit code, which was new because they just dropped a new bank card on me. Believe it or not, I remembered. You see, I don't want the number to remain permanent on my devices, so I have to commit such numbers to memory.
Next, came my 17 digit password. This is a lot on the spot, one-finger typing on a tiny phone for an almost-octogenarian.
Of course, I had to add a new contact. Eventually, I handed my phone to the fellow to make sure of the email address. Good thing: I had it wrong.
Finally, the payment was made, and he got the deposit notification on the spot.
By then, Sue was more than ready for a second cup. I suggested that we could go out for it, but she wasn't ready yet, so I volunteered go and bring coffee back. Off I went.
In a morning of little hurdles, I was about to encounter two more.
I got to the nearest of the two Tims, but it was closed for renovations. I drove to the other one, but with the first Tims being closed, I couldn't even get into the parking lot with cars being lined up onto the street to go through the drive through.
I could have gone to McDonalds, but Dark & Deadly is closer, so I parked and went in.
Their flavoured coffee of the day was the new, Peanut Butter & Jam. It know that it sounds atrocious, but they gave me a mini cup to try. I thought it tasted fine, so that's what I brought home for Sue and me.
Of course, we now can't use the driveway until Sunday when it shall be sufficiently dry, but I did find a close spot on the street without spilling a drop.
At walk time, we opted to leave the car in order to keep our precious spot. Over to the park we ambled and also slightly along the trail with me dragging my wretched foot.
We have one spot where we can see the river from a gap in the foliage that lines the riverbank. Although most colour is just beginning (as in the background), this tree was already blazing. I seem to observe that trees by the water, sometimes almost in the water, perhaps change colour earlier.

No comments:
Post a Comment