Friday, September 04, 2026

Last First Day

I am going to add this at the top, just telling you that
Blogger is preventing me from commenting
on your posts.

My birthday (there it is again, sorry) coincided with Jonathan's first day back to school This was also his last first day back to school in his life, at least regular school. Who knows what the future holds?

It would have been prudent to get a photo of the boy setting off on his Last First Day, but alas! no one in the family did. His girlfriend's mother did get ↓ this. I have already cropped it and eliminated the digital date display, but what can you do with a blurry photo?

I knew that I could replace the background, and in recognition of a return to school, I would ask AI for shelves loaded with books.

But could AI make JJ less blurry? I know that it is beyond normal photo editing, but I thought that I would try by asking AI to bring the subject into focus (I forget the exact words).

The Result was surprisingly good. While the hair is a little fuller and the eyebrows darker, the face is definitely recognizable as Jonathan.

I also made a mono conversion because I like to do that.


I think that Shauna may compose a new, genuine photo and designate it as first day back, and I'll probably update you if she does. However, this suits me in the meantime. AI did what I don't think any human could do, and it did a pretty good job, really. I don't think his grandchildren will know the difference.


No comments:

Post a Comment